View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
Max allowed is 6 drivers. Or was that minimum? I forgot...

edit:

Looked it up 4 min-6 max
and I missed your point.....
There could be 6 drivers 4 pit, for example. That's 10. $500/10 = $50. $50 + $100 driver entry = $150 for drivers. $50 + $75 = $125 pit entry.

Then there's at least gas. Probably smart to have some spare brakes and at least a tire for an endurance race, but those could be punted on I suppose. Then travel to/from, lodging, food. Therefore, roughly, and SEPARATE from making the car in the first place, a driver/pit crew participant could expect to pay something like $500 - $750 for a Lemons weekend depending on number of people and lodging costs (which I have no idea) and how Mad Max people wanted to get. Major carpooling plus camping tactics could drop that significantly and probably be more fun.

Moreover, while the car was inspired by Lemons, it's ultimately a cheap project car to take use. I have this kinda money no problem, I don't have the kind of money (in the play money bucket) it would take to finish the Snake the way I want. It's something fun to do on the relative cheap.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)