View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #38
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by luder_5555 View Post
. . . Consistency, smooth driving, ability to pass without crashing, be passed without crashing, and conserving tires and fuel while still driving competitive times are what a 24hr race is really about.
Having done endurance events (triathlon) and hundred mile bike rides for fun, I think I have the right mindset for getting into endurance car racing. Conservation of limited resources while maximizing performance is an art and discipline, regardless what it is. Undisciplined balls to the wall means you end up puking your guts out on the side of the road, or crashing, or breaking shit, etc.

I know for a fact Ron and Carlos can be fast as hell . . but conservation doesn't come to mind.

Also, it's clear, two hour stins behind a wheel require some actual physical fitness. Pro drivers are REAL athletes for a reason. Even at this small level, the Gs are going to add up (thousands of times), then there's the bashing of the senses, the noise, the heat, the fumes. . . it is battle. Sounds fun.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)