View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmom56 View Post
You CAN E-brake it, but you can't keep it drifting for very long. The front wheels are used for steering and if you try to drift, you will lose control when you turn from side to side to control the drift. SIMPLE PHYSICS. Read about the subject or even play some video games (Gran Turismo is my fav.) and you'll begin to see the reality. I personally don't think very positive of fwd cars. I like rwd and when the going gets rough, awd and 4wd is best. There's just not much need for FWD anymore.
It's NOT drifting, for any time.

Drifting requires the rear wheels to push the car forward, while losing traction, causing the car to oversteer. Drifting happens when you fight the over steer by countersteering, pushing the car forward, instead of spinning out.

You CAN'T break traction with the rear wheels in a FWD car WHILE PUSHING the car forward.

The best you can do in a FWD car is slide on the rear wheels and correct, but it will inevitably and undoubtedly come to a stop, quickly. You can't drift around a roundabout forever in a FWD car.