View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosten ya View Post
I know. Our main problem with blown motors was 2 reasons. 1. Ppl were going wot below 3k rpms. 2. Bad tuning. There are plenty of guys that are in the 400-450whp range on stock block. There are a few ppl that are 500whp but ppl are starting to pop. So it seems stock block is good for about 450-475.

Now our problem is fuel but we arr getting some 5th/6th port injectors.
shit, I go WOT all the time below 3k rpm lol... I just spin the bajesus out of the tires when I do. The stock ECOTEC block in the cobalt SS (supercharged and turbocharged) is good to over 500whp easy with a decent tune and a big turbo. Though, I did have a bearing problem in the transmission after I was at fontana trying to murder cars that were "faster" than me lol. 145mph across the banking, I'm thinking something didn't get enough oil up there.

I would have to agree with Guy, the stock lower end is letting most people down. But in your case, I hope you have the tuning figured out, or the fueling figured out or no matter how stout you have made the block, you can still blow it up again if the tune lets you down... the boldest plans of mice an men can be foiled by one minuscule number in a spot that no one looks at on the tune file.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.