View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #29
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
So I was planning to buy Shaolins turbo from his 7.3 diesel.

I asked my friend that worked at Honeywell if he thought I was a moron, and he got back to me today. His answer, maybe. Unlike diesels which have crazy high compression and push a lot more "mass" at lower rpms, my gas engine would need to spin a bit higher to build the boost.

And since my boat tops out at around 3K rpm right now, chances are it might not even build boost till it's already reaching it's top speed. And in that case, or worse if it never does, it is just an exhaust restriction. He said I need a blower.
I vaguely remember some thread about this, maybe even related to the snake. Turbos from diesels are no bueno for most gas engines. Missed that's where you were getting it from. Maybe somehting off an old AUdi or SAAB from a yard would work fine. They're probably too small.

By the time all is said and done, you may just be better off with an inexepensive stroker kit + red-neck H&C.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)