View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #283
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Okay, this is what we have. The Cobra is 35" from the firewall to the front of the radiator and 33.5" from strut tower to strut tower. The RX is 35" from the firewall to the top mount of the radiator support and 30" to the bottom mount and 33" from strut tower to strut tower. However, I think we could move the radiator forward (we have to make our own mounts anyways for a new radiator) and we would then have enough room.

While I was at it I also measured the axle tubes on the Explorer. They are 20" for the left side and 17" for the right. However, according to Grannys Speed Shop their torque arm kit works for either the Mustang or Explorer 8.8 so we should be able to put one in if that's what you want to do.

'86-'91 RX-7 TA/SA 8.8 Basic Kit includes...
...Torque arm assembly (Mustang or Explorer 8.8)
...Torque arm rear anchor plate
...(5) grade 8 rear cover flange bolts
...Torque arm front yoke / driveline loop assembly
...(2) rubber chassis isolator bushing sets
...(4) Delrin T/A nose bushings
...(2) lower link front bracket assemblies
...(4) lower link front bracket back-up plates w/ (16) bolts/nuts
...(2) lower link rear bracket sets (weld-on)
...(2) lower shock adapter bushings
...watts linkage center pivot assembly (weld-on)
...watts linkage upper/left chassis bracket
...watts linkage lower/right chassis bracket
............................package price...$965.
Okily-dokily, if the 174 don't work, we're going TT. No guts, no glory.

I'm still mulling over diff options.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)