View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #1

Smile Speedventures Cal Speedway this weekend (Aug 13-14, 2011)

Hey guys. There's a open track day and also autocross this upcoming weekend at Cal Speedway in Fontana. I'm spectating Saturday, which means video taping, photographing, and eating lots of hamburgers and hotdogs Holler at me if you plan on going.

Was going to auto-x both days but every time I'm driving I never get to hang out and try the other stuff like ride alongs and just BSing with everyone. Sunday I'm auto crossing, my gf is going to have her yellow rotary rx7 FD on the big track. It's pretty high speed... with my old rotary I was able to get to about 130+ before freaking out on the banked turn Man it's fun. I'm still shaking my ls1 swapped car down so I'm keeping it off the big track for now.

I would love to video some of you guys on the track, whether it's auto cross or big track on Saturday. Let me know if you're going and we can talk I have a gopro hero HD and also an older canon elura that takes OK video.. i have been mounting it to my rear shock tower bar and it works OK.

We should have plenty of shade, just make sure to bring water, sunscreen, a hat, and some $$$ for food. Although some of the rotary guys are having a BBQ, there is a thread on the club if you want to contribute... they're cool folks, I get little jabs about being a v8, but it's all good. Gate fee is something like $10/person.. yeah i know... lame

Some links:

Official site

Autocross

Big track

rx7club thread

google map

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.