View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMak View Post
That is pretty crappy, you put a poll up and ROT wins but yet you go with something else. Why make a freakin poll then? If you want to do things your way than just do it but don't ask for the masses opinions and then go with something else.

I have very much enjoyed coming out with you guys since I have moved here and have done every run except last one since I have been here. But you guys sometimes lack some major organization from changing routes at the last minute, changing meeting places and now don't even follow your poll. Just my 2 cents but get organized and your will have a better following than the already great one that you have now.

We just did GMR a couple of months ago, just does not make any sense to me.
I can understand some frustration with what appears to be an arbitrary process on the surface, but let me offer some inside baseball. We use polls to help guide decision making. It's not a purely democratic process.

NOTE:
- The spread between GMR and ROT for July is not massive, and this does not include some of the votes changing their mind from ROT to GMR. If ROT dominated by like a 2:1 margin, it would be a different story. It's virtually tied.
- Additional consideration is given to long time MG users who make requests like "I can't make this month but want to go on X so please do something common this time around"
- We're not suggesting elimination of ROT, but simply bumping back one month. I've eliminated Palomar from consideration because nobody voted for it.
- Routes change when we get better information, or simply up to date correct information involving closures etc.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)