View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to eric97srad Send a message via MSN to eric97srad Send a message via Yahoo to eric97srad Send a message via Skype™ to eric97srad
Exclamation Mustang 331/327 build

Alright, this build is finally underway.

Ron (94cobra69ss396) and I pulled the motor out today and tomorrow I will start disassembly and some cleaning of the parts that will be reused.

The plan (as of now, subject to change, void where prohibited, etc etc) is to check the cylinders to see if they are out of round - if they are, the block will be bored .030" over and will be 331ci with either the CHP street fighter or pro street (depending on $$) stroker kit. If the cylinders are still in good shape, I'm going to go with a 327ci with the pro street kit.

As a few of you guys already know, we came up on a killer deal on a Paxton Novi 2000 blower, so that'll be going on. I've already purchased new 180cc aluminum heads, but I'm still on the lookout for an intake manifold and have to purchase a new cam and a few odds and ends before it can be finished.

I don't really have a timeline on this right now because fall semester starts in 2 weeks, but I'm hoping for the car to be on the road again by November or so...

89 Mustang LX 5.0 (FOX)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 Explorer 5.0 (GROCERY-GETTER)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 GSX-R 750 (GIXXER)