View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
Boost Junkie

Default Lets Talk About Crankcase Pressure and Catch Cans!

Lets talk about some ways to get rid of excess crankcase pressure and ways to set up catch cans etc. Whos currently running a catch can system? How is your PCV system set up? Where do you vent the extra pressure and gases to? Do you use breather filters, a breather on the oil cap, anyone using a Venturi Style setup to the exhaust, check valves... etc etc etc.

My eventual setup will consist of:

PCV valve on valve cover to Catch Can (CC)to Throttle Body (this is how the factory system is set up minus the CC) and then the drivers side valve cover port will be linked up to a catch can and then either be routed to atmosphere with a filter or port to CC to exhaust using the venturi method. The idea of this is to be able to pull an appropriate amount of vaccum from the crankcase to remove any excess gas/oil etc from the crankcase and allow it to be replaced with good clean fresh air while at the same time filtering out any oil or blowby. My car requires a constant vaccum to perform at it's best.

Discuss. I'm particular interested in turbocharged/supercharged applications.

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!