View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Default Master Cylinder

Finally the the master cylinder is sorted out and installed. It took longer than I had hoped but but it's a solid installation.

Here's the MC. Note the 9/16" Heim jointed end that connects to the pedal. I had to cut the rod short and turn it down a bit to thread (it's an odd size) and put a stud for connecting the heim jointed end. From the cap of the MC to the center of the eye in the joint is about 6". Also, the hydraulic line is from McLeod. They have a 22" line with the correct GM OEM fitting for the slave and an AN-4 for the other end. The weird thing is the tap on the MC; it was a M12X1.0, which is a little odd and getting an AN -4 <-> M12x1.0 took a little while as well.

Installed from the inside. We drilled holes through the firewall and put bolts from the inside to act like studs. Otherwise, the truck master bolts up directly to the C3 firewall. NOTE: It seems the truck MC is an 11/16 bore and the slave is really designed to take a 3/4 bore. however, according to McLeod, as long as the stroke is about 1", it will move enough fluid to disengage the clutch.

From inside the cabin. Here you can clearly see the heim jointed end connected to the clutch pedal. It is a good firm connection.