Thread: I'm back
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #9

I was very happy. My goal for the motor was 550-600 at the crank. I got a call from the machinist and he said they were swapping to TR6 plugs and were probably going to break the 650hp mark... I was kinda shocked. I had originally intended to do the motor myself. But I dropped it at the shop and had them assemble it and break it in on the engine dyno. I was really happy all the parts I picked were working as intended. Also glad I had them assemble it. The original machinist didn't cut the mains right so they had to be recut. They weren't terrible... But 120 bux to cut them and make 100% sure that everything was perfect seemed like a better idea than getting everything together and spinning a bearing.

The motor is just one part though. The rest of the car is solid too.

LS9 clutch, Katech flywheel, 2 piece driveshaft shop driveshaft, 8.8 Ford iron case swap with 3.73 gears, Ford racing diff, 1000hp axles, upgraded inner and outer CVs, DW300 in tank pump, -8 feed, -6 return, fuelab external filter, fuelab regulator, 1000cc FICs (got an for 400 bux), it's going to be on E85 exclusively, slotted Stoptech rotors, stainless braided brake lines, DOT4, stoptech pads.

Only thing left is suspension... And maybe another set of tires and wheels for track days.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.