View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #244
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
My first street race was in 1968 --My 52 Dodge against a 67 VW. He beat me by half a car. So where does that put me????????
Well, the stories I've heard from the, uh, elders, is that back in the day (50s, 60s, and to a lesser extent 70s), Southern CA was a street racing haven. However, you didn't have to go far to get to long uninterrupted empty stretches of road where you weren't a so much threat to the public. No days, you've got some real dumb as*es racing down busy public streets, neighborhoods, etc. It's gotten bad enough that if you cause a fatal accident while racing, you can be charged wit murder.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)