View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #55
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
We need more information on the rear gear and total boost. What the final weight is going to be----give or take a few pounds.
I'd probably suggest 4.11s for our application. What do you think?

Total boost 12-15psi with methanol injection

Weight, and I'm really guessing on this one is probably going to be something on the order of: 2,750 +- 150.

Quote:
Are we going to go thru the short block or just use what we have as is??
I'd love to tare through a block with you. I've never done it so it'd be a fantastic learning experience. What would we be looking at and trying to cost effectively improve. I think Joe said it only had about 5,000 miles on it and it was all forged. Please clarify Joe.

Would we necessarily need to change the cam to be appropriate to the heads, or might the one that's in there work just fine.

Quote:
If cost is the only factor here, then find the heads you can efford and then build every thing around that.
Cost is the controlling limiting factor. But I have *some* flexibility here because it's such a critical component to making reliable power. Let's think on the order of <=$1,000, preferably a lot less than

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)