View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 04:47 PM   #63
I, Vettezuki

Being checked now.

Made a basic plan.

Troy is going to select a reground cam with my "street performance" target. Probably keep the 114LSA, but maybe increase or alter the durations a little.

We'll keep the stock rockers.

We'll go with GMPP or LS7 lifters over the Morels. He basically said unless I'm spinning a bigger cam there's really no point, the OE is actually better for moderate RPM performance, far quieter and less expensive.

King bearings

He has his own fasteners he had run and supplies to other builders. Basically Class 1 spec, at least ARP quality for about half the cost.

Internal balancing.

Go with forged pistons at least.

Here's the $1,200 question:
It's apart and I can go to a fully forged 383 stroker for +$1,200~

I'm tempted because it's not that much more and because it is a street performance car, not a race car I plan to spin up to peak HP all the time.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)