Thread: Repro ZL1
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #6

Aluminum Big Block Chevy worked well in the CamAm series with McLaren and Lola using them in 1500lbs cars with over 700hp with the pipes of the Hillborn Injectors sticking out. Then Porsche came along with their 917/30 which had a 1500hp flat 12 in qualifying trim and won every race in 1973. I dreamed of getting a ride in one of those 917/30 that were capable of going over 250mph with 1hp per pound when I was a kid. I can only imagine what kind of cars we would have today in a racing series that the rules basically was that the car have two seats and body work covering the wheels and everything else unlimited.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z