View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #153
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
You could honestly go WAY faster there. I think that last year might have been faster. This year there were a lot of cyclist and the conditions were not great. I also felt ther was a lot more debris on the road this year so I took it easier. I had a great time. Thanks for taking the initiative to put this cruise together.
There was definitely more stuff on the road up to the top, but was pretty clean coming down on the new asphalt. As for speed, you can always get more speed with familiarity, but one thing I noticed in editing this video and other of your track days is just how solid an stable your Vette is; now more than ever. Perhaps it's a combination of training,experience and your new setup.

I could get more with better training/skill of course but I was in some cases approaching the limits of my 255 street tires. They were saying, "mmm, sure you wanna do that?" Video is funny, you really don't get an appreciation of how fast this is, probably because you don't have the forces working on you. I'd say we were doing at least 60 sometimes.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)