View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZexGX View Post
Oh yeah, if anybody could tell me more info about the parts it currently has on it, that'd be great! I honestly don't know much about 4x4 mods, upgrade parts, etc.
Cool truck! Needs alot of love though. The rear diff. is a GM Corp. 14 bolt full floater, The front Diff. is a GM Corp. 10 bolt with eight lug knuckles, came in 1/2 and 3/4ton models. The diffs. are more than likely from the same truck which would have been a 3/4 ton pick-up or suburban from 1979 to mid 1990's, my guess is mid to late 80's. The 16.5 wheel size was stock on 3/4 ton chevy's, the tires cost less but the tire options have become limited and the big down fall to the 16.5 is that there is no bead protector in the wheel to keep the tire on when you run low air pressure.The engine could be a 304cid or 345cid both came with two barrel carbs. The transfer case I can't see very well but it looks like a Dana model 20 and the manual transmission could be a T-90.

p.s. those rear u-bolt brackets need to have some sort of spacer inside and the front ones are just scary. Also some shocks would be good.
Time to fire that baby up!