View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #25
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
as far as straight line racing, the quickest evo has hit 8.56sec @ 171mph with 1,130 All Wheel HP. i know it could go faster but being as how its awd it gets that dog sliding on wet linoleum no traction action, unlike rwd cars with have hit much quicker times b/c once they hit there wheelie bars its nothing but traction
I tend to judge cars for what they do in basically stock form according to what they were designed to do for price X. The Evo for me is what it is, a street going variant of a great Rally car. It's awesome for the street because let's face it, most street driving is from a stop to 80mph, perhaps involving some nice breaking, and tight maneuvering, where a Rally car absolutely shines. By the time you get to sub 10 second cars, you're talking far more about the individual owner/builder than what the original car was. I think the the fastest cars at PSCA are a pair of 57 Chevy Bel Air (6 second cars). They didn't make them that way originally.

Quote:
as for most average evo's if they want to keep there stock spool up range and want there car to be used more for road racing and handling there in the 11's
Not at Fontana. From memory I've personally yet see an Evo crack a 12 there let alone an 11. But Fontana is the Devil's track.

Quote:
and if they want to go further ull find the mass majority of drag evo's fall into the 10's and 9's
10s and 9s are for pros and whack jobs, almost regardless of car . . . unless you're talking stock C6Zs which have been konwn to run hi 10s . . . on run-flats. I'd like see some of this level of Evos come out. There's only so many Turbo Civics I can handle.

Quote:
....but then again if u go and see a road racing event thats where ill usually see the top bracet of fastest cars with first place finishes being evo's followed by a skyline, then sti lol
What events are you going to? In professional classed Sports Car racing, these cars are in different classes than the Vettes, Aston Martin's etc., and are certainly running different times.

Quote:
oh ya and i know im talking a shit load about evo's on this site but its not that im trying to be a prick or anything being how i drive one its kinda the car i know everyting about. and i love to learn about all cars im an all around car guy so please feel free to lay down some knowledge on me about GM land or any other cars that u feel like talking about.
It's way cool. You're not a hater. I learned a lot on the Engine RPO thread from your essay. . . I'm not going to learn that from a GM guy, and certainly not from a Ford guy b/c I'm not even sure they can write. [That was for you Sean. ]

This is exactly the conversations we were hoping to have when building the site. The model specific sites are great for what they do, but are limited in scope, we wanted a truly open site for having fun and learning. It's not really for fanboys who think their car is the greatest car ever created and everything else sucks.

Quote:
really he should try his hands at other projects i would love to see what he can do elswhere.

maybe a nice rx-7 or delorian with an LS6 forced induction, or hell an LS-9 supercharged i think he would do pretty well on
I think he can pretty much do anything. If I had mad bank, I'd build a Factory Five GTM with an LS9. 2,400lbs . . . 650HP in a mid-engined space frame for $60k. Sounds like fun. That's not likely, but I might Super Charge my Vette some day. I'm sure he could do the RX swap if anybody is interested.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)