View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
i knew there would be trouble in paradise for nissan.. maybe this is not such common problem, but for 80,000, i sure dont want to be the one to find out for myself... and as for them dethrowning the vette .. i dont think that will ever happen... nissan has limited itself in that market.. offering only one high horsepower car (and only one version of it) to get much real world R&D.. and now with bad press things will only get worse before they get better... good luck to them nissan owners...
I think a Spec-V is still in the pipeline. It would approximately be to the GT-R what the ZR1 is to the ZO6, though more hard core and lighter etc., whereas the ZR1 is actually a nicer GT than than the Z.

I think you're right about the problems of run size. This is their first year, some problems are to be expected and will take time to refine, but may be very difficult with only a couple thousand units a year. But if regular guys start showing up at track events in their truly stock GT-Rs and getting their asses handed to them by stock C6Zs, Nissan is going to have some serious explaining to do. There's already a ton of videos showing GT-R getting flat walked by the Z on the streets.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)