View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Paint Pics 2 (C3)

I'm very happy with the way that it turned out, there are tiny pieces of lint here and there (hopefully they will sand out) but I guess that's virtually unavoidable. This was a ventilated booth, I wet the floors, cleaned with WGR, tack wiped, several times and still...

I love the color though. It's hard to appreciate here, in person it shifts from black to a metallic gray. It's HOK PBC43, Pearl Black.

Here's the only run that I've seen. It's a clear run so I would think that it should sand out. How would I do this? 1000 on a block then smooth it out with 1500, then polish and buff? Fortunately it's on the underside of the bumper, and hard to notice.

In this pic you can really see how it looks black at certain angles in certain lights.

One candy black tail light. To do this I wetsanded all of the lights (sidemarkers included) with 600 grit, mixed black candy dye in with the HOK clear, then shot 5 coats till I got the desired shade, then shot 3 coats of straight HOK clear to keep them protected & shiny.

Last edited by enkeivette : 01-10-2009 at 03:22 PM.