View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #1

Default Thinking of selling the Z06 - talk me out of it!

Like the title says, thinking of selling the Z06. Dont get me wrong, absolutely love this car, just something about it, not sure. I feel like its going to be hard to make it "mine". Any C5 cosmetic mods are ugly, and if i have a Z06 thats real quick around a track so what, they all are. Guess Id rather have a car that I made very capable, than one that just is. Maybe id change my mind once i start putting some go-fast goodies on it, but I dont want to head down that road if im going to change my mind.

Been feeling the itch to do an SN95 mustang road race car, coilovers/Tubular K member, and an 03 cobra IRS, 393 windsor, T56. something like that. Even if it was a bit slower than the Z ( and it would be) it would be much, much faster around a track than anyone expects, and I feel like maybe i could prove something to folks about the old oft-maligned fox/fox4 chassis. ( have past experience with a similar car to the one id build, just less motor and a torque arm/panhard bar rear)

However, it would be a much worse DD, and whatever i build, has to serve that role, at least for a time, (probably a couple years, till im done with school. )

So why should I keep the Z?( or why shouldnt I?) Lets hear it.