View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
Like the title says, thinking of selling the Z06. Dont get me wrong, absolutely love this car, just something about it, not sure. I feel like its going to be hard to make it "mine". Any C5 cosmetic mods are ugly, and if i have a Z06 thats real quick around a track so what, they all are. Guess Id rather have a car that I made very capable, than one that just is. Maybe id change my mind once i start putting some go-fast goodies on it, but I dont want to head down that road if im going to change my mind.

Been feeling the itch to do an SN95 mustang road race car, coilovers/Tubular K member, and an 03 cobra IRS, 393 windsor, T56. something like that. Even if it was a bit slower than the Z ( and it would be) it would be much, much faster around a track than anyone expects, and I feel like maybe i could prove something to folks about the old oft-maligned fox/fox4 chassis. ( have past experience with a similar car to the one id build, just less motor and a torque arm/panhard bar rear)

However, it would be a much worse DD, and whatever i build, has to serve that role, at least for a time, (probably a couple years, till im done with school. )

So why should I keep the Z?( or why shouldnt I?) Lets hear it.
Based on what you say, to me a purely rational choice would be:

Keep Z for now, use as a DD (cuz it works for that), don't spend a bunch extra, just leave and enjoy as stock, save money (or pay off hi cost debt) and down the road when you have some flexibility and perhaps extra play money re-investigate the situation. There's not really any downside to this choice I don't think, no real liability.

Another option is sell the Z (I guess you could clear what you paid for it since you bought it recently), and use the money to buy a) a decent simple dd, and b) a project car you could work on as time and money allowed.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)