View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #2

Step right up ladies and gentlemen, please turn your attention to the main stage where the Motorgen crowd will dazzle us with their feats of skill, acts of bravery and ability to stretch tales to their tallest!!!

Okay well, I guess this one is mine to throw down thanks to our glorious leader and a man named Utah...

Now I'm not sure when you all want to get together and make this happen, I'm good for just about anytime since my schedule usually dictates a yea or a nay for the entire day so it doesn't matter too much to me.

However...

The Supercar Sunday show at the The Promenade at Woodland Hills (6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd) is on Sunday morning between about 7am and 10:30am and it's usually my reason for driving all the way to friggin' Ventura to go drive, really I prefer ACH and now that it's open again I can go there in half the time. But if'n y'all are in favor of an afternoon run, that's fine as well although a good portion of the roads are in shadow by then. I really dig standing on Piuma looking over Malibu on one side with the valley on the other as the marine layer rolls back out to sea uncovering the south bay and on a good day all the way to the islands.

But I digress...

The Route

I've come back to the link only to have Google decide it wants to go a different way so here is what it is supposed to look like...

*let's avoid the confusion*

The Stunt/Schueren/Piuma bit is a photo-op road, these are nice smooth roads with good curves and enough ups and downs to make the driver smile and keep the wife from vomiting in your lap. Near the head of The Snake you'll find Paul from Rock Store Photos set up doing his thing, giving us all the opportunity for a poster shot if it turns out good. I purposely planned this part on the trip so he can shoot the drivers side of the car as we go by. Smart thinkin' huh?

Now as we all know I have rather questionable taste in food and even more questionable taste in establishments, so I will ask if anyone knows someplace in the area of the trip that they wouldn't have a problem taking their mom to, please speak up. I can't say I have been to a sit down restaurant that didn't have pictures of the food on the menu in quite some time, unsophisticated barbarian that I am.

So then, help a brotha' out.

I still need a time and a restaurant, the route I got down. (Although I have passed on a couple ideas to jefe)

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".

Last edited by Small White Car : 09-03-2011 at 08:08 PM.