Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Graphics B*tch

Default Ford CEO to work for $1 a year?!

Ford's CEO Alan Mulally said if Ford gets a loan from the government to help sure up the company then he would work for $1 per year. I am sure that there would be a nice bonus structure in his compensation package, but still the gesture is nice, I guess. Should be interested to hear more about this.

For full story click here.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 12-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Ford's CEO Alan Mulally said if Ford gets a loan from the government to help sure up the company then he would work for $1 per year. I am sure that there would be a nice bonus structure in his compensation package, but still the gesture is nice, I guess. Should be interested to hear more about this.

Ford actually is in okay shape. They seem to have enough cash flow to get them by. They want a 9 BILLION DOLLAR line of credit, but they indicated today they don't think they'll actually have to tap into it.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Good for him!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post

It is a nice jesture from a private employee of a private company, and if the terms of the loan are deeply considered I don't object too much. If we start hearing about "smart" people being "dollar a year men" for the government, I'll start getting really worried.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-04-2008, 07:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It is a nice jesture from a private employee of a private company, and if the terms of the loan are deeply considered I don't object too much. If we start hearing about "smart" people being "dollar a year men" for the government, I'll start getting really worried.
First, this isn't a private company. It's a publicly traded company. And believe me, Mulally will more than make up for the reduction in salary when the share price goes up because of a government loan.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 12-05-2008, 01:29 AM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
First, this isn't a private company. It's a publicly traded company. And believe me, Mulally will more than make up for the reduction in salary when the share price goes up because of a government loan.
Private means NOT government owned or operated in this sense, not a privately held company or corporation. I believe Chrysler (Cerberus) is, but I'm not sure. Haven't been exactly shopping for stock in auto companies.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Because of what that will suggest about the state of our economy? Or because you're a capitalist?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:07 AM   #8
Neanderthal

I watched the "hearing" on this at News Raw. It's interesting stuff. From what I've seen there, I believe they will get most -if not at least some- of what they want.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 12-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Because of what that will suggest about the state of our economy? Or because you're a capitalist?
Because of what it will suggest about the state of our republic and how desperate it will have become. "Smart" people have a tendency to meddle and tinker because they're in love with how smart they think they are. Very, very few people are smart enough to NOT do something and let systems run their course. In the case of government, these "smart" people have the force of law on their side, so, without choice, you are subject to their "experiments". I don't like it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)