Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-25-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default So my boss got a new Jaguar XF...

And I have to say, it's BEAUTIFUL. The fit and finish on the panels is top notch, the interior has great quality, it had plenty of room front and rear, and a ton of trunk space. More importantly, it looks young and contemporary. Recent Jaguar sedans (mid 90's to now) have always looked old and boring to me. The rear has a little bit of Aston Martin flavor to it, and the front reminds me of a Bentley a little bit (although there is no mistaking the car for being a Jaguar). Overall I'm very, very impressed. I think Jaguar hit a homerun with this one
Old 07-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

If it's the model I'm thinking of, it has more than a little Aston influence. I just saw one in London the other day and it is stunning. Sounds good too. Well done ole' chaps. (I still take the DB9 . . . money no object )

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-25-2008, 10:32 AM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Here is a picture for reference:

Old 07-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
And I have to say, it's BEAUTIFUL. The fit and finish on the panels is top notch, the interior has great quality, it had plenty of room front and rear, and a ton of trunk space. More importantly, it looks young and contemporary. Recent Jaguar sedans (mid 90's to now) have always looked old and boring to me. The rear has a little bit of Aston Martin flavor to it, and the front reminds me of a Bentley a little bit (although there is no mistaking the car for being a Jaguar). Overall I'm very, very impressed. I think Jaguar hit a homerun with this one
I just saw one on the road the other day and was very impressed. It'll be interesting to see how they hold up. I could definitely see Mrs. Gunfish in one of those.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
I just saw one on the road the other day and was very impressed. It'll be interesting to see how they hold up. I could definitely see Mrs. Gunfish in one of those.
If you want a second opinion while test driving Jaguars I'll take one for the team and volunteer
Old 07-25-2008, 10:33 PM   #6

Quote:
If you want a second opinion while test driving Jaguars I'll take one for the team and volunteer
Yeah, sure we'll work that out.
Anyway, it's gotta be better than one of those damn mini coopers!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
Yeah, sure we'll work that out.
Anyway, it's gotta be better than one of those damn mini coopers!
Are you just tired of seeing them or have you taken one for a spin? I've mashed on Mini Cooper S and it was pretty fun actually. It would be perfect in tight city confines.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Are you just tired of seeing them or have you taken one for a spin? I've mashed on Mini Cooper S and it was pretty fun actually. It would be perfect in tight city confines.
He's primarily worried much more about the safety issue. He just doesn't feel that mini coopers are safe compared to a bigger vehicle/SUV.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
He's primarily worried much more about the safety issue. He just doesn't feel that mini coopers are safe compared to a bigger vehicle/SUV.
Well in a collision between a Mini and an Escalade, he's probably right. Physics is definitely on the side of the Escalade/Suburban, et. al. Inertia is a bitch. But this would only really matter in higher speed collisions.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Well in a collision between a Mini and an Escalade, he's probably right. Physics is definitely on the side of the Escalade/Suburban, et. al. Inertia is a bitch. But this would only really matter in higher speed collisions.
The guilt would kill me if something happened. I can't help it!