Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #1

Default Got a new ride... Well, new to me

So I sold my Suburban. After many years of good honest work she gets togo to a new home. I was originally going to buy a little ranger or tacoma with a 4 banger and a 5 speed. I was looking and looking but couldn't find a good deal on one. So I went dreaming on craigslist for a good find. It just so happened that I came across one....

It's a 1959 Ford F100 with a freshly rebuilt straight 6 and a 4 speed. The body is a little rough but it runs great. It has a new clutch master cylinder, new brake master cylinder, new battery, new starter, and new brakes.

Future plans are to fix rust, new glass, new tailgate, and paint.

Here is a short walk around video.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
Fast & Filthy

Nice find. Are you going to keep the 6 once it gets tired? My wife has a '64 F100 that her grandfather purchased new and past down to her dad who past it to her. Once my nephews Mustang is out of my driveway it's coming over to my house to receive a 454 and TH400.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #3

Yea I'm just gonna rebuild it if it ever starts getting tired. I messed up my old 55 chevy doing stupid kid stuff like lifting it and such... I want to make this thing look good and new and stockish. I want it lowered a little and I want the windows blacked out. Put a bed cover on it and maybe a radio.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

If you want a paint job on that my student does great work and is currently working on a 63 356C Porsche for me
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
If you want a paint job on that my student does great work and is currently working on a 63 356C Porsche for me
Sweet, I need to take care of some rust issues and old bondo fixes but after I'm done I will take you up on that. I'm not sure what color I am going to go for though yet. I am really leaning toward bone stock (cream and baby blue two tone).

Old 06-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

He'll take care of all that and charges a third of what a shop would charge, very good work let me know if you want me to ask him about a price
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #7

Quote:
He'll take care of all that and charges a third of what a shop would charge, very good work let me know if you want me to ask him about a price
Hell yea! Where is he located? And not to look a gift horse in the mouth or step on anyone's toes but, does he have any pictures of his work? There is quite a bit of work to be done. The bed has a few spots that need to be repaired, the back half of the front fenders appear to have some bondo work, the rear lower cab corners need to be redone, the cab floor pan has some rust spots that go through on both the driver and passenger sides. I'll take some pictures in the morning so you can show him and he can kind of get a better idea.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
pain's fun, hit me again

He has his photo book with him, i'll just PM you his phone number in the morning so you talk to him directly.

Stopping the world!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:29 AM   #9

My coworkers son has one that he is fixing up. He dropped in a 4.6 Mustang motor with a manual trans. It looks pretty clean too.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #10

Quote:
He has his photo book with him, i'll just PM you his phone number in the morning so you talk to him directly.
Cool thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
My coworkers son has one that he is fixing up. He dropped in a 4.6 Mustang motor with a manual trans. It looks pretty clean too.
That sounds cool. I'm going to keep it stock for now. If I do change to a different motor its going to be a big-un... Like a 460 or something.