Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #1

Default my evo update

hey guys its been a good while sense ive been on here haha.

but ya here is an update finally!

so state farm or the devil as it has come to be known around these here parts, give me a little call yesterday after a month and half of dicking me around.

and guess what they say! after recieving all my paper work and reciepts and all that they adjusted the value of my car to $$32,000 up thats not a freakin typo i won and got the value up to 32k but not all was good with that house of cards!

the gimick is that i only get the pay off of 32 grand if i dont keep the car!! *remember i owe 26k to the finance company.

they stated if i wanted to keep the car the pay off would only be 25.5k and still owe my finance some extra change and hopefully not deal with the drama of who gets the pink slip when!

but maybe the extra tax and license money they give you which usually is an extra 1.5-2 grand may just cover all that.

but at this point im thinking of just taking the car and the 25.5k deal only becuase no one in my house is in a good possition to be taking out a loan on a new car.

OH YA AND HIII EVERYONE!

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
hey guys its been a good while sense ive been on here haha.

but ya here is an update finally!

so state farm or the devil as it has come to be known around these here parts, give me a little call yesterday after a month and half of dicking me around.

and guess what they say! after recieving all my paper work and reciepts and all that they adjusted the value of my car to $$32,000 up thats not a freakin typo i won and got the value up to 32k but not all was good with that house of cards!

the gimick is that i only get the pay off of 32 grand if i dont keep the car!! *remember i owe 26k to the finance company.

they stated if i wanted to keep the car the pay off would only be 25.5k and still owe my finance some extra change and hopefully not deal with the drama of who gets the pink slip when!

but maybe the extra tax and license money they give you which usually is an extra 1.5-2 grand may just cover all that.

but at this point im thinking of just taking the car and the 25.5k deal only becuase no one in my house is in a good possition to be taking out a loan on a new car.

OH YA AND HIII EVERYONE!
At least it went in the right direction.

Going this Saturday to Nick's? Come by haven't see you for awhile.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 05-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
. . . Going this Saturday to Nick's? Come by haven't see you for awhile.
Yeah, bring the Starion, it runs doesn't it?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #4

lol ummm well the starion had to find a new home because old steven needed the money in preperation of fixing the evo hahah and to have proper cinco de mayo party :-(

but i sold it for 2k not too bad and it still ran stong. when im financially better ill pick up another one.

also good news in real estate i sold my first repo house that had equity it actually sold for 170k and was worth 230k it actually had another 60k.

so buy now folks the market is slowly going up

Old 05-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
. .
also good news in real estate i sold my first repo house that had equity it actually sold for 170k and was worth 230k it actually had another 60k. . .
I'm old fashioned. Something is only worth what somebody else will pay. So, I think that house was worth $170k and not a penny more. That's just how I roll.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Congrats on the Evo Steve!
Old 05-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #7

thats sean i think the song "i fought the law and i won" is pretty proper right about now.

and ya im not a big fan of credit and people always evaluating the worth of something and building a world around that sort of brittle institution.

but for now it pays damn well so im gonna go along with it until the bubble burst $$$$

PS!!!!

oh damn on some other good news i just found out! my dad called up the fanance company to see if he could haggle them to take a lower pay off so that we could keep a little bit more insurence money to fix the evo with.

well he stated that they insurence was only paying out 20k and he couldnt afford the balance of the rest of the payment. so he asked them if they would take that as a pay off and terminate the loan well after the loan guy flipped out and cured his ass off and threated with collections my dad called his bluff and got angry and told the guy that he was just trying to be nice by letting them take 20k because he said after that he was gonna file for bankruptcy but if they are gonna be dick he said i'll just file before you guys get ur money and then u guys wont get shit and they calmed down and said he would call him back.

so they call back and they said we have great news for you we are gonna put the 20k balance in writing and make a contract for a 14day payoff for the title hahahah wow im freakin suprised that shit worked! so they faxed us all that in writing and now we're taking it to statefarm as proof that we should get payed the remaining amount, damn its a good weekend

so to everyone out there, you dont have to bend over and take it from your insurance company, and finance company too.

the only thing that ruined my day a little was passing by the pomona ethanol station and finding it to still be under heavy construction when its estimated opening date is supposed to be next friday

Old 05-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Take the cash, pay off the debt, and start a new relationship.