Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Lotus Evora

Ok, the site is a bit pretentious, but this car, at least in the renderings, looks like it's going to be pretty dope. The lines are awesome, somehow combining Britishness with some Italian flare, at least to my eye.

http://www.facelesspeople.com/

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
Super Moderator

That guy was so boring I wanted to shoot myself in the face.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:05 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
That guy was so boring I wanted to shoot myself in the face.

You know a big part of what I like about this car is the same as what I like about the Koenigsegg; that wrap around windshield. Someday, if I have mad bank, I'd like to have a CCX-R.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Last edited by Vettezuki : 09-08-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #4

this car in no way looks lighter then an elise and barely comes with more HP!!

i think this will be a failer for people looking for say the new coming of an elise.

hell arial atoms come with the same HP!!! out of an I-4

really im just not feeling this car. i feel like other companys offer better like u said the ccx is one, the zonda, the lambo reventon, hell a boxer could probably out do this. i feel like this market is already crowded and there trying to get some money out of a tapped well.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
this car in no way looks lighter then an elise and barely comes with more HP!!

i think this will be a failer for people looking for say the new coming of an elise.

hell arial atoms come with the same HP!!! out of an I-4

really im just not feeling this car. i feel like other companys offer better like u said the ccx is one, the zonda, the lambo reventon, hell a boxer could probably out do this. i feel like this market is already crowded and there trying to get some money out of a tapped well.
Holly F yo, the CCX, Zonda, cars that start around a half million, not quite the same league. The Evora? I just like the style, I think it's purty, don't care too much about ultimate performance. If it has nice handling and driving feel with an excellent design and comfy interior, I think that's what this car is about. My wife's MX-5 isn't the fastest car in the world, but it is a GREAT car to drive.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Holly F yo, the CCX, Zonda, cars that start around a half million, not quite the same league. The Evora? I just like the style, I think it's purty, don't care too much about ultimate performance. If it has nice handling and driving feel with an excellent design and comfy interior, I think that's what this car is about. My wife's MX-5 isn't the fastest car in the world, but it is a GREAT car to drive.
lol ya if u noticed in my post i didnt post a price because ya no shit the lotus will win there. i was mostly basing my argument on what lotus has tryed to reach for before. a light weight, track monster, budget supercar. i dont think this car will meet those levels but as far as looks its beautiful i like it, just which it had more performance behind it, because its gonna be compared to perform on similar levels to say porsches, evo's, 370Z's and G37's and im not sure if it could hang with them with only having a 270ish-hp V6 in such an awkward body style to where handling may be a big issue. the ccx pulled it off but threw money everywhere for engineering and top of the line parts.

well i guess we shall see when its on car and driver or top gear being put threw its paces
Old 09-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #7

"Only 270" still apparently moves it to 60 under 5, which is altogether respectable. I would look at this as just that...a budget track star. Id imagine on some courses you could pull similar lap times as say...the new Ferrari california or a Gallardo, for considerably less change. Just like the MX-5 can surprise a whole lot of really expensive cars with a great driver. Under 3000 pounds, I dont see how you can really doubt its handling, ever been in an Elise? Im sure like the Elise, itll handle, itll stop, itll surprise you with its performance. I like it!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
"Only 270" still apparently moves it to 60 under 5, which is altogether respectable. I would look at this as just that...a budget track star. Id imagine on some courses you could pull similar lap times as say...the new Ferrari california or a Gallardo, for considerably less change. Just like the MX-5 can surprise a whole lot of really expensive cars with a great driver. Under 3000 pounds, I dont see how you can really doubt its handling, ever been in an Elise? Im sure like the Elise, itll handle, itll stop, itll surprise you with its performance. I like it!

I think Loutus is going more of the GT direction with this model, somewhat away from the fairly hard core street legal track car. I do like the analogy to the MX-5, a car you can easily drive day in day out, but with its handling can surprise a much bigger and more powerful car. My wife has an MX-5. My Vette would kill it on a large track or straight away, but on a short track, and frankly typical daily driving, it's a different story.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)