Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #2311
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I get it, I've been let off before, Nate also hasn't been let off by other officers. I also said legislative, not code. Officer A gets told by his CO that he is not allowed to let anyone off with a warning, so he does that. Not gonna fault him for being an officer where they require that sort of thing.
The legislature... legislates the code. And if you thought it was different why did you state following it as a justification to my post in the first place.

Second, you just inserted a hypothetical into my argument. You dont know that his supervisor told him to do anything. I've been let go by cops in my city before while driving the Vette.

Third, supervisor instruction or not the law is subjective as I explained. Meaning, this cop was just a douche bag.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #2312
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Yeah . . . I think one area of accessible improvement, since most cities are incorporated entities is to decouple public services from the municipalities. The physical structures would remain assets of the municipalities, but staffing would all be done essentially on a contract basis with private firms that could be regularly evaluated for performance and cost in something more like a competitive market. As it is, the entitlements and incentives are pretty stupid.
I think while the robbery, rape, murder, and arson statistics are still above zero, cops should spend more time patrolling high crime streets and less time parked on the sidewalk with a radar.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #2313
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I think while the robbery, rape, murder, and arson statistics are still above zero, cops should spend more time patrolling high crime streets and less time parked on the sidewalk with a radar.
Exactly. That's what I'm talking about for incentives. If Acme Cop Corp. demonstrates lowering a crime rate, successfully investigating crime and finding criminals, WHILE not getting a bunch of complaints from the public about Gestapo tactics, they get their contract renewed. If they get a bunch of complaints, etc., they get fired. You'd also have a lot more flexibility in staffing up or down based on needs. You know, like pretty much everywhere else.

To be fair to CHP, I think they are explicitly evaluated on accident and fatality rates, and have worked to set up things like the MSF, etc.

Some wealthy/safe areas, like Irvine, don't hardly need cops at all.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #2314
Super Moderator

Agree. There is no accountability.

Which is also why concealed carry permits are not getting signed in LA. The sheriff doesn't want any liability so he just refuses all of them.

Which is why some people just say fuck it and carry anyways. You know, if we were allowed to carry guns, random school and theater shootings would not happen. Because people like me would shoot those mother fuckers in the face. And whats worse, the people who cause crime with guns ignore the gun laws anyways.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:47 PM   #2315
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
False. Irony is the heart of humor. This qualifies.
Rats are generally, if unfairly, regarded as vermin (though they have been highly efficient disease vectors in the past), and cats as beloved pets (by people other than you.).
Offensive jokes are funnier than clean ones.

Cats are vermin as well. If you don't believe me come down to the shop and you'll see they run amuck just as much as other varmint too.

I had a pet rat once, rats are beloved pets by many as well, and yet I do not find it terrible when one dies.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:37 AM   #2316

Too fucking srs in here. Beautiful la night

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #2317
Super Moderator

SRS?

I usually hate cats, but my brothers cat Nives is awesome. He's like a dog, he comes when you call him, he makes eye contact (dont even get that from whores), likes to be pet, and he head butts me. I love that cat, Id be sad if he died.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #2318
Super Moderator

Hey 5.0 blow, dont you commute into downtown LA? I'm planning to take the 57 to the 10 to the 110S. How many hours do you think I'll need to get in there? I'm at Figueroa and 3rd.

Or am I thinking of blackax?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #2319
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Hey 5.0 blow, dont you commute into downtown LA? I'm planning to take the 57 to the 10 to the 110S. How many hours do you think I'll need to get in there? I'm at Figueroa and 3rd.

That's Blackaxe, Justin lives in Portland.

FWIW 57-60-101
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #2320

Quote:

Ya I got to hollywood everyday.

first what time of the day?

The 60 and the 10 will both be as fast from where you are. Both slow down before the 605 and clear up after for some reason. and both will take you to the 101/110

I can leave my house in riverside at 8:15 and be at work at 9:50, but you will run into issues when somedays every freeway is fucked.

I would say it should take you an hour from the 57 to get to downtown.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20