Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #581
I, Vettezuki

Default Exhaust Port Spacing

Just to confirm again, this Turbo Kit I'm looking at is designed for a 94/95 5.0. The exhaust ports on that motor are the same as what we have right?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #582
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Just to confirm again, this Turbo Kit I'm looking at is designed for a 94/95 5.0. The exhaust ports on that motor are the same as what we have right?
Correct. The main difference between the Fox body (87-93) and the SN95 (94-95 with the 5.0) is the SN95 has less room in the engine compartment so it uses a different intake mainfold.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #583
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Correct. The main difference between the Fox body (87-93) and the SN95 (94-95 with the 5.0) is the SN95 has less room in the engine compartment so it uses a different intake mainfold.
That's kinda good news if the kit is made to fit a smaller compartment. We should be able to fit it. . . . Let see where the price goes, if it sky rockets past $1,000 I'll punt. I talked to bgn8711 about the Turbo (Steve is absent) and he said it's a fairly decent size moderate turbo, plenty big for 12+psi on our motor, possibly up to 20psi he thinks.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #584
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That's kinda good news if the kit is made to fit a smaller compartment. We should be able to fit it. . . . Let see where the price goes, if it sky rockets past $1,000 I'll punt. I talked to bgn8711 about the Turbo (Steve is absent) and he said it's a fairly decent size moderate turbo, plenty big for 12+psi on our motor, possibly up to 20psi he thinks.
Cool. I started sizing up the engine in the car last night until it got too windy. I pulled the crank out of my engine so I could pick it up easier and then installed the oil pan. My hoist is at Phil's house so I had to lift it up and set it in the car by hand. I set it down in the engine bay and then put a jack under the front and rear of the pan and lifted it to clear the crossmember. It looks like we might be able to use factory Mustang motor mounts so I went by GTR today and barrowed a set they had. I'm going to try to get them on the engine tonight and see if they'll work but Phil and I are also rebuilding my transfer case tonight so it might be tomorrow before I get to it.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #585
Super Moderator

I'll second the Victor Jr. Be sure to port match that sucker before you bolt it on, or buy a CNC'd version meant for the correct heads. I removed a lot of material from the ports on my Victor, opened them up a bunch.

Another mod that I did after the MagnaDynoDay. I did a nice job on mine, sure there are pics on my other comp somewhere. But anyone with a dremel can do a port match really.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #586
I, Vettezuki

Default Steve's Turbo Eval

I PM'd CornFed about that kit, here's what he said:

Quote:
actually that really doesnt look too bad! i predict the turbo will be a tad laggy maybe hitting fully spool at 4000rpm it could be less i doubt it would be too much more then that.

a t67 is a good turbo used on big hp applications

and this is a pretty good price kit.....id say go for it..

it has to good things going for it, the intercooler looks like its a good size, and well put together, and the turbo isnt some made in china ass knock off that the internals are gonna shit on u once u go past 5psi haha, so ya it gets my stamp man.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-20-2009, 12:47 AM   #587
Super Moderator

Default Carbs:

Forgot to mention 10 pages back, annular vs downleg boosters and carb 'size' can affect tuning. Some 750s are bigger than other 750s, as funny as that sounds.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #588
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Forgot to mention 10 pages back, annular vs downleg boosters and carb 'size' can affect tuning. Some 750s are bigger than other 750s, as funny as that sounds.
Annular boosters are supposed to help atomize the fuel better at idle which helps throttle response on cars with big lopey cams and low vacuum. We have a small cam that will have plenty of vacuum at idle so I think our throttle response will be great.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #589
I, Vettezuki

Default Turbo Kit

As I suspected, it crossed my budgetary limit, I was getting kinda excited too. Back to looking for parts for the 174.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #590

I'll be going to the Big 3 Auto Swapmeet in San Diego next week. I'll be looking there. It's an annual swapmeet that usually has alot of good stuff.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?