Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #31
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
idk the exact place in korea or the exact location of the plant but its basicly in korea 100%
Including Korean designers? At the risk of sounding completely racist, that's impressive. I mean it's quite a leap in design concept for Hyundai. I would have expected that they hired a European (because that's the flavor) design team. If they did it all in house with local talent, it's an even more impressive accomplishment.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Including Korean designers? At the risk of sounding completely racist, that's impressive. I mean it's quite a leap in design concept for Hyundai. I would have expected that they hired a European (because that's the flavor) design team. If they did it all in house with local talent, it's an even more impressive accomplishment.
ya believe me thats pretty much the same reaction all around lol.

but really if you take a good look at what the genesis was supposed to go up against which is the 370z/g37/cobalt and then take a look at where it came from *the tiburon essentually* you can see the design has some borrowed features along with some natural progression looks from hyundais line of cars. but in the end of the day it came out to be a nice a looking finish.

i think where they did get help was mechanically, the V6 was their design, but the 4cyl was a group design by mitsu/chrysler/hyundai

the tranny/drivetrain *manual and paddel shift* is looking like it maybe be coming from the same parent company that made the evo's, and the suspension is looking alot like the evo design. so i really think maybe they kinda did just use alot of mitsubishi's resourses to build this car.

but for the most part its an in house car. unlike the GTR which is pretty euro

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #33
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . . but for the most part its an in house car. unlike the GTR which is pretty euro
Que? Except for a few bits like Brembo, the GT-R is Japanese, possibly to a fault. Though they make no bones about their mark being a Turbo Porsche. Are we talking about the same car?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #34
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Here are the first details on the internals in the 2.0. It's not nearly as stout as an Evo, but should still hold pretty good power.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #35
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Here are the first details on the internals in the 2.0. It's not nearly as stout as an Evo, but should still hold pretty good power.
Let's define "pretty good power". From the article:

Quote:
Beyond Redline expects the engine's sturdy components and 86mm stroke and bore to make 400 wheel-horsepower and rev to 8,000 RPM with the proper mods and a stock block.
Beyond that you gotta start laying down some scratch to reinforce things. I wonder if in a year or two they will go with a legit EvoX block when they see the interest is through the roof, as it seems it is. I think most of these prospective buyers would pay on the order of $1-2k more for a full-tilt, highly tunable EvoX engine.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Let's define "pretty good power". From the article:

Beyond that you gotta start laying down some scratch to reinforce things. I wonder if in a year or two they will go with a legit EvoX block when they see the interest is through the roof, as it seems it is. I think most of these prospective buyers would pay on the order of $1-2k more for a full-tilt, highly tunable EvoX engine.
the gtr was the brain child of nissans new president *enter some french name* who is also the president of renault. there was a documentary about this guy and the making of the gtr on the discovery channel and how he is viewed as a god for bringing nissan back and unleashing "godzilla"

anywho as for the gen coupe, ya that redline shop had there engine tear down of the engine on the gen coupe forums for a few weeks, it does suck that 400 is seeming like the max point for the engine. i was really hopping for at learst 500 just so i can hit 500 w/o any major work. but who knows maybe it could suprise us. everyone thought the old evo motor couldnt hold past 450-500hp and there are a few out there doing 550-650 daily driving it. then again that was a beefy iron block.

and the evo 10 motor is seeing 450 pretty averagly now and give it a few more months and im sure 500 will be the daily norm. but when they first came out no one thought they would gain hp as well as the old evo motors and they estimated a 400hp cap on the hp before something broke and well they are proving both of those estimate wrong.

now as for gen coupe motor an 8k redline is just useless it doesnt have the powerband to put that to good use, and once you start adding power and bigger cams and messing with the VVT at 400hp id keep the rev limit too 7-7.5k

at the hp on a properly sized turbo like a 30r its gonna start dying off at the 6.8-7k rpm mark anyways. but on the flip side if you put in the proper supports for a bigger cam have a more top end/laggy oriented turbo the 8k redline would be nice for drag racing.
i think im just way to excited for this car and overthinking the whole thing haha

Old 03-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #37
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
the gtr was the brain child of nissans new president *enter some french name* who is also the president of renault. there was a documentary about this guy and the making of the gtr on the discovery channel and how he is viewed as a god for bringing nissan back and unleashing "godzilla"
The great Carlos Goshn had the corporate vision, but the GT-R is almost entirely the product of Chief Vehicle Engineer Kazutoshi Mizuno.

Quote:
. . . i think im just way to excited for this car and overthinking the whole thing haha
OCD FTW LOL JK.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #38

Quote:
The great Carlos Goshn had the corporate vision, but the GT-R is almost entirely the product of Chief Vehicle Engineer Kazutoshi Mizuno.

OCD FTW LOL JK.
ya your right about the gtr i guess i jumped on the carlos goshn being god band wagon and gave him the full credit haha

and hell ya OCD ftw haha

ive already talked with the company that makes my turbo *buschur* and if things go a bit slow with the evo ive asked them about making a manifold/turbo exit pipe, intake, and turbo exhaust dump pipe to the stock exhaust for the genesis coupe to fit my current evo turbo on it, and the said when they get there shop gen coupe in about 2 weeks after they are done coming up with the bolt on parts they will make me a bolt on set up for the evo turbo. so if the gen coupe version i wants ends up in my hands by this year imma try and be the first with an e85 at least 400hp hyundai haha.

so we shall see how that whole plan works out

Old 03-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #39
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . .
ive already talked with the company that makes my turbo *buschur* and if things go a bit slow with the evo ive asked them about making a manifold/turbo exit pipe, intake, and turbo exhaust dump pipe to the stock exhaust for the genesis coupe to fit my current evo turbo on it, and the said when they get there shop gen coupe in about 2 weeks after they are done coming up with the bolt on parts they will make me a bolt on set up for the evo turbo. so if the gen coupe version i wants ends up in my hands by this year imma try and be the first with an e85 at least 400hp hyundai haha.

so we shall see how that whole plan works out
Out of curiosity, how much does that kind of setup (custom work) cost you. I'm tempted sometimes to add significantly to my machine tool, and fabrication resources. If I thought I could make a little scratch for custom one-offs, I'd entertain the idea more.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #40

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how much does that kind of setup (custom work) cost you. I'm tempted sometimes to add significantly to my machine tool, and fabrication resources. If I thought I could make a little scratch for custom one-offs, I'd entertain the idea more.

for the whole custom one off set up which migh end up being the status quo set up.

*hook up= close friend pricing
ex header - $300-400...........hook up $100
turbo ex dump piece $100-250....hook up $50
turbo outlet pipe $60-100.........hook up $40
intake pipe - $150-250............hook up $50
universal oil/coolant lines $100

so if you where to actually make a kit out of it so say bolt up an evo turbo to a gen coupe, or any car combination, you could make some ok scratch off it.

just make sure your welds are top notch and never crack, and make everything fit like a glove, and advertive as made in the USA and say u actually put r&d into your products then people will come in groves and jizz all over you.

then you can actually start buying up garrett turbo's in whole sale and doing port jobs on them and shove them into new cars you can become big. its really not hard what companys do out there just alot of them get lazy or cant weld or screw up what they ship out. as long as your ontop of ur game u could make some money!

i say do it because i dont like paying full price for stuff and you know you wanna help a motorgen OG out haha