Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #691
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
AGREED

You won't see any funky inline motors under Cambria's hood. Now if I get my hands on a 787b, no promises.

Do you mean you'd put a funky inline under the hood of a 787b or the R26b from the 787 in Cambria?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #692
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Do you mean you'd put a funky inline under the hood of a 787b or the R26b from the 787 in Cambria?
"787b or the R26b from the 787" what you using Jet engines???
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-04-2009, 02:39 AM   #693
Super Moderator

I have piston ring pliers btw, before you go out and buy some.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #694
Power's off.

The blower is now welded up, and ready to be re-machined. Now, to have Doug help me convince John M. to do the work.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #695
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
The blower is now welded up, and ready to be re-machined. Now, to have Doug help me convince John M. to do the work.

Word bird! That's awesome. Just have Doug use his special East Coast charms on John. . .

Also, I'll extend the same offer to John as to anyone doing substantial and/or skilled work. If he can drive a potential 10second car and donates "value in kind" to the project, he can drive it when complete. (Yes, Ron, it will be completed )

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #696
Power's off.

Quote:
Word bird! That's awesome. Just have Doug use his special East Coast charms on John. . .

Also, I'll extend the same offer to John as to anyone doing substantial and/or skilled work. If he can drive a potential 10second car and donates "value in kind" to the project, he can drive it when complete. (Yes, Ron, it will be completed )
Doug, Glen, and TimAT all looked at it tonight. We all agree the work is exquisite, and believe it will live again. I'll bring it by Nicks tomarrow.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #697
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Doug, Glen, and TimAT all looked at it tonight. We all agree the work is exquisite, and believe it will live again. I'll bring it by Nicks tomarrow.

Can't wait. Wonder if I took pictures of the damn thing before he fixed her up.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #698
Neanderthal

Quote:
Can't wait. Wonder if I took pictures of the damn thing before he fixed her up.
Yes, a VERY FINE job there. Should work out good for the project.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #699
I, Vettezuki

Today we pressed out the shaft from the snout and began some machining of the snout and bearing plate. The shaft itself was fine but discovered that the axle the shaft spins on was bent like a mofo. (Holy Crap Joe). So they'll have to make a new one from scratch. Also the plate was not even close to flat so they had to machine it down about 1/16th in total. That we can make up with a shim and an extra gasket, if it turns out there isn't enough clearance between the plate and gears.

But all in all, it looks like it's going to work. The shop is very busy, so my cousin will work it in on the side as he can. Maybe a couple weeks.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #700
I, Vettezuki

Dropped off the pistons (w/ rods attached), crank, balancer, and flywheel. The pistons need to be cut for the larger valves in the new heads and the whole assembly needs to be balanced after the cutting.

Danger Will Robinson. Troy from FPS sort of grimaced when I showed him the pistons. They're press-on and he warned that no matter how careful they are, occasionally one cracks when separating the rod.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)