Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-08-2010, 11:37 PM   #31

Do we have a time and place for an Orange County caravan?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #32

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Looks like there is going to be snow!

We're probably doing a test run this weekend so photos will follow. Hehe hopefully you're able to spot Sean and I. We are two of the whitest people you'll know
Old 02-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Looks like there is going to be snow!

We're probably doing a test run this weekend so photos will follow. Hehe hopefully you're able to spot Sean and I. We are two of the whitest people you'll know
Good thing I got my heater core replaced this week !!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #34
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Wait are you saying snow run this weekend?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #35

I'm saying this is a test run for the cruise to see if it's ok to even drive through but also stop and play in the snow
Old 02-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #36

According to the weather service, temp will rise to the 80's inland as a high pressure system settles east of here. Hopefully this will help the roads to dry out and clear of ice. The north side of the road will be in the shade and may still be icy.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 02-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
According to the weather service, temp will rise to the 80's inland as a high pressure system settles east of here. Hopefully this will help the roads to dry out and clear of ice. The north side of the road will be in the shade and may still be icy.

Bob
Good to know, thanks Bob! The Mount Baldy site says that the roads are open and clear and there is no forcasted snow/rain this weekend. It should be a fun trip. We thought about bringing our other child (the dog) as she's never seen snow, let alone played in it, but I think the final decision is to leave her at home so we can stop and have some bomb digidy La Telteca.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #38

Bad news bears have just entered town.

So I was just talking with a co-worker about our trip tomorrow to the mountain and he said well I hope you're not going to baldy. I said well we are. He said A the snow is rock hard and B good luck getting up the mountain. I said well the site says all the roads are open and clear.

My coworker said yes the roads are clear but the mountain is a small community and they can only hold so many people/cars so they hold you back until people start to leave thus making a line on the mountain, and when availability opens up they will let you into the mountain. I asked, even to drive through? He says yes as he was there 2 weeks ago and was one of the people in that line.

So.....we're in discussion now about what to do and if this is all accurate but I'm glad we were given the heads up.

Does anyone else have any insite as to this happening?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #39

Send a message via Yahoo to vett4five
Thumbs up

the weather has been sunny all week so i think we will b good i live at the bottom of the mountain see u at kohls
Old 02-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #40
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

So my wife and I ran it today and it was great. The time of day is perfect. We ran at the exact time we would be going through and had plenty of light. Traffic was light and I didn't see a single cop all day (we actually ran two routes as well).

The first section, Glendora Ridge Road (12 miles) had some water on it but was mostly nice. It is unmarked (all one lane basically) so I was basically keeping it right around 25 mph. It was still nice and curvy though and the scenery is beautiful.

Now, the second section is where we'll have to make a decision. I went both ways with this today. The original route has us taking a right at Glendora Moutain Road to the east loop and onto San Gabriel Canyon road. Going this way is longer, but the road is more mellow. Nice scenery though and it's a direct shot down to La Tolteca.

The alternative is to turn left and take Glendora Mountain Road all the way down. It's shorter, but I actually liked the drive better. The other downside besides being shorter is that it makes it a slightly longer drive to the restaurant. Nothing major, but it is longer.

When my wife and I got to La Tolteca I counted about 40 open spaces. We rolled in right around 5. Their was plenty of seating inside and I'm guessing next Saturday would be less busy (I figure some people were out for Valentine's Day tonight). The food was incredible as always

I've checked the weather for next week and it looks clear. If it was anything like today, it was just about perfect. So we're definitely on, but which route does everyone prefer?