Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #181

Finally found a swaybar from a newer Blazer 2 door and and made a huge difference. Best $50 mod so far.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 05-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #182
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Finally found a swaybar from a newer Blazer 2 door and and made a huge difference. Best $50 mod so far.
I ain't gonna lie. That little romp to just 100mph was a little nerve wracking the way that weight was shifting around. Coming from the low and hard sprung Vette where I can take a nap at 100mph I felt like we were going to take flight. (Though I think Olivia was actually asleep. )

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #183

It was a bit unstable, it's a lot better now. I haven't done a good off ramp/on ramp test yet, but so far so good.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 05-05-2012, 03:04 AM   #184
pain's fun, hit me again

It needs a panhard style brace in the back to cure washyness, a swaybar will only bandaid the problem.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
It needs a panhard style brace in the back to cure washyness, a swaybar will only bandaid the problem.
^^^ This X a billion... that was the best mod to my old S-10 ever. granted I had very little weight over the ass end but it helps alot. And I don't know what kind of shocks you are running, but I had some Bilsteins on mine. They came stock on S-10 and blazer 'extreme' models. They are pretty decent for stock replacements. I only took mine off when I put on the 5/5 drop and they weren't short enough.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #186

Where did you get it from?

Old 05-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #187

Which? The shocks? I had a 2002 4.3liter auto S-10 extreme to begin with... but guys sell the take off bilsteins for decent prices. And I had almost 100k miles on mine and they were rock solid. Or you can do a beltech drop and be real low with some bad ass shocks. Also the extremes come with some heftier sway bars than stock s-10s did as I recall. Either way the pan hard bar suggestion will help handling more than a drop or shocks. The springs on the back of the Chevy mini trucks are more for comfort than for anything else. The rear end has a tendency to wrap so you have to stabilize that first, before you go for power or handling really.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #188
pain's fun, hit me again

Any panhard brace is probably custom made, there's a dude in rancho that makes them for the lightnings, all years, i'm sure he can do one for you. I'll ask my buddy how to get a hold of him.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #189

Can he do a watts link? A lot of s-10 guys run a watts setup instead of a pan hard. I had a 1inch panhard on mine and it worked ok but if I get an s-10 again in the future I would do a watts linkage if I kept the leaf springs, instead of going with a 3 link like I really want.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #190

I can do anything the 2 door guys do. Not many Typhoon guys do much as far as corner handling. The guys that do probably work for a shop. I don't want to go crazy with the suspension, but front coil overs will be done to get rid of the torsion bars and all that's related with them.