Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #101

thanks.. i was really wanting 119 to 120mph..
Old 10-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #102

car went 11.54 at 118 last night with a 1.60ft
Old 10-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #103
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post
car went 11.58 at 117.4 mph with 1.61 60ft this past wednesday night.. once i learn more with the car launching, i think i can get mid 1.5's and a 11.4's time slip.. not bad for a car that has a race weight of 3820lbs...

also the car picked up 23rwhp and 27tq with the long tube install
Woah, shes a pig. Perform lipo.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #104
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
car went 11.58 at 117.4 mph with 1.61 60ft this past wednesday night.. once i learn more with the car launching, i think i can get mid 1.5's and a 11.4's time slip.. not bad for a car that has a race weight of 3820lbs...

also the car picked up 23rwhp and 27tq with the long tube install
BTW, what is your current RWHP/TQ?

I'm at around 3,300 race weight (full tank of gas plus me). 390RWHP/360RWTQ and the best on DRs I could ever get was 12.6@113 with like a 2.0 60' . Admittedly that was at Fontana on a street legal day, kinda hot, not terribly well prepped track. Now that's in a C3 Vette, hard sprung IRS and a manual transmission. I'm not a great drag driver, but I'm not terrible either. Just curious where you're at for power:weight relative to the impressive times you're getting.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #105
Super Moderator

Those new GTs are fast and soft. They go in stock form, no complaining.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
BTW, what is your current RWHP/TQ?

I'm at around 3,300 race weight (full tank of gas plus me). 390RWHP/360RWTQ and the best on DRs I could ever get was 12.6@113 with like a 2.0 60' . Admittedly that was at Fontana on a street legal day, kinda hot, not terribly well prepped track. Now that's in a C3 Vette, hard sprung IRS and a manual transmission. I'm not a great drag driver, but I'm not terrible either. Just curious where you're at for power:weight relative to the impressive times you're getting.
413rwhp and 388rwtq.. my weight with me and a half of tank is 3820 (true scale weight) my 60ft time was 1.60ft. launch the car off the two step at 3200rpm..
Old 10-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #107
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
413rwhp and 388rwtq.. my weight with me and a half of tank is 3820 (true scale weight) my 60ft time was 1.60ft. launch the car off the two step at 3200rpm..
Damn. I'm considerably lighter, somewhat less powerful, but not a lot, but much slower. I wonder what the most important differences are. I think it's probably track>suspension>transmission>driver.

I put track number 1, because my 60' was a little better at Irwindale, but my 1/8 ET and trap were considerably higher.

Suspension next for planting and best 60'. Basically I have an ancient IRS and it's hard to boot. Ok for farting around, not so good for drag or best track performance (does weird shit under hard braking).

Transmission next as I'm undoubtedly losing more time between shifts, but not as much time as above factors.

Driver is not particularly relevant here as the car and everything else are so different. Maybe you or Ron could get an extra <=.2~ at Fontana based on way more experience, but I'd be surprised if it was much more than that.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #108
Super Moderator

Quote:
Damn. I'm considerably lighter, somewhat less powerful, but not a lot, but much slower. I wonder what the most important differences are. I think it's probably track>suspension>transmission>driver.

I put track number 1, because my 60' was a little better at Irwindale, but my 1/8 ET and trap were considerably higher.

Suspension next for planting and best 60'. Basically I have an ancient IRS and it's hard to boot. Ok for farting around, not so good for drag or best track performance (does weird shit under hard braking).

Transmission next as I'm undoubtedly losing more time between shifts, but not as much time as above factors.

Driver is not particularly relevant here as the car and everything else are so different. Maybe you or Ron could get an extra <=.2~ at Fontana based on way more experience, but I'd be surprised if it was much more than that.

You have a Corvette with IRS and stiff front suspension. It was designed in the 70s to be Cobra competitive on a road course. Now you've set it up semi-Gymkhana. You want to drag race buy a drag car.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #109
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:

He has an auto with a torque convertor and he is running MT tires. Huge difference in acceleration in the first 60' and 330'. It the same thing for me in my corvette, all the drag car launch hard on me and it's just a matter if there is enough track to reel them in. He launches as 3200 you launch at 1500? Those are great times an mph because he has the supporting mods. I could resist the 6 speed, but I know I'm going to be leaving some et on the table because of it.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 10-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #110
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
He has an auto with a torque convertor and he is running MT tires. Huge difference in acceleration in the first 60' and 330'. It the same thing for me in my corvette, all the drag car launch hard on me and it's just a matter if there is enough track to reel them in. He launches as 3200 you launch at 1500? Those are great times an mph because he has the supporting mods. I could resist the 6 speed, but I know I'm going to be leaving some et on the table because of it.
Thread is messed up, your message looks like a repeat of Bens until I quote it. Same thing happened to me this morning.