Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #121

Wait, we have friends with junk yards? I like where this is going.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #122
pain's fun, hit me again

No WE (Ron and) I have friends with yards
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 10-20-2011, 07:24 AM   #123
Fast & Filthy

Actually my friends only has impound yards, I was wrong.

Ben, I spoke to Phil yesterday to see if he heard from our friend. He said that he tried to call but Phil was in a pursuit at the time and it was too late to call him back when it was over. He is going to try to give him a call today before he goes in to work.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #124
Fast & Filthy

Phil spoke to one of the brothers but he said to talk to the other because he's been running the yard at night and wasn't sure what they had available. I think Phil is going to try and call him tonight about it.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:14 PM   #125
I, Vettezuki

Any news?

I might have a line on a complete 510 for ultra cheap. Just an option.

Also, a colleague at work has a loaded 90' GT including police suspension, built trans, etc. for $1,500. I wonder if we could sell off $1,000 worth of goodies. It's a hatchack. I don't know Foxes really. He said it's no where near as stiff a base platform as the coupe, which I get, but wouldn't a cage take care of that, especially an 8 point?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 10-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #126
pain's fun, hit me again

Well sounds like he doesnt know much about foxes either, the "police" suspension is a myth, ssp cars only came in coupe models and the suspension, engine, drivetrain were all the same as every other fox. A set of subframe connectors alone will stiffen a hatchback far beyond a coupe. Once you get into the cage,subframes, panhard mounts etc, body style makes no difference. I'd also like to know his definition of "built trans" maybe rebuilt, but likely just a stock t5 or aod.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #127
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Well sounds like he doesnt know much about foxes either, the "police" suspension is a myth, ssp cars only came in coupe models and the suspension, engine, drivetrain were all the same as every other fox. A set of subframe connectors alone will stiffen a hatchback far beyond a coupe. Once you get into the cage,subframes, panhard mounts etc, body style makes no difference. I'd also like to know his definition of "built trans" maybe rebuilt, but likely just a stock t5 or aod.
It has subframe connectors, badly welded he says. I'm not entirely sure what he was referring to about LE bits, bushings and what not perhaps. It was a fast and casual conversation; all I got (I think) was that it has some police bits on it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 10-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #128
pain's fun, hit me again

Even the bushings were the same, sounds like the typical cl seller that has nothing but is looking to try and get more.

More info and i'll be able to help ya out

Stopping the world!

Old 10-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #129
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Even the bushings were the same, sounds like the typical cl seller that has nothing but is looking to try and get more.

More info and i'll be able to help ya out
He's not a CL seller. He's a coleague. I knew he had a Mustang sitting for a while. He's a hot rodder from WAAAY back, who for a long time was into turbo bugs probably more than anything. I asked if he might know someone with a cheap Fox and he said he'd let his GT go for $1,500. I'll try and get more details. It's done. It runs. It's current (non-op).

But unless it has enough extra bits, or parts on the side that could be sold for $1k, it doesn't really matter.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 10-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #130
pain's fun, hit me again

I understand hes a coworker, but it still sounds like typical cl bullshit ive heard a gazillion times. If the car is complete you're likely to get a good hunk of change for the interior

Stopping the world!