Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #131
Fast & Filthy

I pulled the upper intake off and tested the injectors with a tester I made. They all worked fine. Then I pulled the valve covers and checked all the springs, rockers and pushrods and they were all fine too. So I'm going to put it all back together and see how it runs after tuning.

Here's the tester.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #132
Fast & Filthy

Thanks to Guy we will be getting our cars tuned this Friday.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #133
pain's fun, hit me again

Did you prefer 9am or 1pm? He hasn't confirmed fridays time yet. If we go early we sit in traffic on the way there, if we go late we sit in traffic on the way back.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #134
Fast & Filthy

I prefer 1pm.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #135
pain's fun, hit me again

Sounds good
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #136
Fast & Filthy

Well I have good news and bad news. First, the good news. The Cobra made 56 rwtq more than it did with the old engine even though Steve stopped the pull at 4000 rpms. He stopped it because the AFR went below 10:1 as soon as he went full throttle. So even with a very rich and short pull it still made 56 more tq. The biginning of the bad news is that the chip I have is Autologic and can no longer be programmed. So I have to buy a new chip so Steve can tune the car. Since I don't have the money to buy it now I'm going to have to wait for the tune.

The rest of the bad news is that Steve also says that the vibration is a balance issue and not the tune or a misfire. He hook up a scan tools and monitored everything and says the engine is running great. So I'll be calling CHP on Monday and see how they want to procede but the engine is going to have to come back out and torn back down.

Guy also had issues but I'll let him update them on his thread. However, Steve also made a pull on his and cut it off early as well. I think he cut it off at around 4800 when the supercharger belt slipped but by 4000 he was already making 10psi of boost. With our short runs I think he made 2 rwhp more than me and I made 22 rwtq than him.

Last edited by 94cobra69ss396 : 01-05-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #137
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Well I have good news and bad news. First, the good news. The Cobra made 56 rwtq more than it did with the old engine even though Steve stopped the pull at 4000 rpms. He stopped it because the AFR went below 10:1 as soon as he went full throttle. So even with a very rich and short pull it still made 56 more tq. The biginning of the bad news is that the chip I have is Autologic and can no longer be programmed. So I have to buy a new chip so Steve can tune the car. Since I don't have the money to buy it now I'm going to have to wait for the tune.

The rest of the bad news is that Steve also says that the vibration is a balance issue and not the tune or a misfire. He hook up a scan tools and monitored everything and says the engine is running great. So I'll be calling CHP on Monday and see how they want to procede but the engine is going to have to come back out and torn back down.

Guy also had issues but I'll let him update them on his thread. However, Steve also made a pull on his and cut it off early as well. I think he cut it off at around 4800 when the supercharger belt slipped but by 4000 he was already making 10psi of boost. With our short runs I think he made 2 rwhp more than me and I made 22 rwtq than him.
He ran it to 4200 WOT and it kept spinning to 4500, I found out I have a throttle cable issue.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #138
Fast & Filthy

I forwarded the email I received from Steve stating that the vibration is due to an imbalance to CHP yesterday asking what our next steps are and haven't received anything back yet. I'm going to give them until noon and then I'll call them.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #139
pain's fun, hit me again

Interested to see what they have to say about Steve's information.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #140
Fast & Filthy

I spoke to Eric at CHP today and they want me to try a shouldered pressure plate bolt to make sure that the pressure plate is centered and not the cause of it. The reason is because the holes drilled in the RPM flywheel are just a hair too big for the factory Ford dowel pins. So when I put mine together I used my digital caliper to line the pressure plate up and then used loctite on the dowels. I let it dry overnight and then double checked and they were still centered. They think that might be the cause and want me to try the shouldered bolts first before tearing the engine back out. So as soon as I have time and get the correct part number from them for the bolts I'll pull the trans and and give it a try. I hope that's it but I don't think it is.