Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Is this just for a SBC or other engines as well such as a BBC? How much power will it support? What size is the pump and injectors? What if I have my own intake?
I have packages for SBC, BBC, and Vortech

The amount of power it will suppport depends on 2 things. 1. the throttle body which I have 750 and 1100 CFM 2. the size of the injectors.

If you have a 4bbl intake I can add bungs and construct custom fuel rails. You can buy the throttle body either billet or cast.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #12
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
I agree but I want to know if it will be able to work with the 454 in the Chevelle if I add a Procharger?
Yes, it will. We can make some adaptations, but we do a lot of procharger work with this.

The issue will be one of an ECU. You provide the ECU in this setup The GM 7447 is fine for most apps, but if you start going forced air etc....I'd reccomend the one I'm testing or an LS ECU, which is more expensive.

The niche for this is street motors with a carb who want to go to FI.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #13
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I don't think so Ron. I asked on the facebook post where the injectors feed. The are under the throttle body in the plenum which is fine, but it looks like they are only four injectors. That's fine for a mild motor, but would would need some really big injectors to feed that set-up. I would just make one myself. I would get the high performance manifold (carberated) that you want and then drill the bungs. Fuel rail stock is cheap (relatively) and again you can drill it out. I've actually done this before for a turbo charged E-85 2001 Honda CRB F4I motor in college. I'm sure JSUP can get the parts if he doesn't have a solid complete kit ready to go.
Yep. There are 4 injectors, but again, if you're looking for HUGE power probably looking for a different setup.

Most of my customers buy 160 and 220 LB injectors, that's about 80% of my current business. Many of these guys are running 3000 HP on drag cars with multiple injectors, as many as 3 per cyl at 220LBS on alcohol.

So when we start talking power, a 120LB injector, isn't much if it's needed.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #14
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
No, the carb is the same so this would still work but would require a different intake. Carlos already mentioned this wouldn't flow enough the the Chevelle and I have a feeling the same will be true for the blown SBF engine you are building.
Throttle bodies flow 750 CFM and 1100 CFM. Again, my "typical" customer is building 2000-3000 HP so a lot of my stuff is probably higher HP than you're accustomed to. We're currently doing an 1100 HP C5 for example.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #15
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
This is a nice kit. The price is unbeatable. I was thinking I could build on of these myself fairly easily, but I wouldn't be able to match the price point.

Intake manifold ~$300
Fuel injectors ~$250
Fuel Rails ~$100
TB ~$200
Fuel pump ~$150
FPR ~$100
Misc parts/ fittings ~$200
Machine work ~$100

Thats $1400 not including overhead and all the other business expenses (i.e. packaging , shipping , R&D........). This is a great deal!
We do the tune in too, throw in a few hundred for that.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #16
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsup View Post
Yep. There are 4 injectors, but again, if you're looking for HUGE power probably looking for a different setup.

Most of my customers buy 160 and 220 LB injectors, that's about 80% of my current business. Many of these guys are running 3000 HP on drag cars with multiple injectors, as many as 3 per cyl at 220LBS on alcohol.

So when we start talking power, a 120LB injector, isn't much if it's needed.
Wow, those are huge numbers. I still think this set up is a great deal for the price. What are some of the differences between regular and low impedance injectors???? I was told when you go with really large injectors that they were all low impedance, but I don't know why or what ohm values they are talking about. If you have time a little clinic on fuel injection would be great.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #17
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
Wow, those are huge numbers. I still think this set up is a great deal for the price. What are some of the differences between regular and low impedance injectors???? I was told when you go with really large injectors that they were all low impedance, but I don't know why or what ohm values they are talking about. If you have time a little clinic on fuel injection would be great.
High impedance is 12-16 ohms, low is 2-4

The reason for low impedance is that high impedance can not over come the pressure of the fuel at high flow rates. High impedance injectors are typically to about 60 lbs, after that they are all low impedance.

HOWEVER, we do custom build a 160 and 200 lb HIGH IMPEDANCE injector which allows people to not have to use adapters to run low impedance at that level. There are only two people I know of doing this, us and one other company. They charge $225 per injector we charge $175.

As far as the clinic, if there is a list of questions, I'll provide the answers, I just don't know the questions. I'll see if I can write up a generic injection 101, just going to take me a while.

Within the realm of injection there are a number of niche' markets. The street cars, the hot rod guys, racers, etc... I've been hanging around the racers for too long, I forget my street chops .

To get an idea WHY I forget, here's some of the guys using the ECU I'm testing:

Here's some cars running the first version:
Mark Pickens:

Corey Glidwell

TJ Tracey

Brad Clarke

The throttle body conversion is a street solution.

I'm testing how well this stuff performs in a street car.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #18
Internet Tough Guy

Wow, There is some great stuff on the Injector's Plus website!

Ron look:http://www.injectorsplus.com/product...skuno=IP-71353

What kind of individual throttle body set ups are available for LS3 engines? I honestly wanted one, but all the ones I could find are in the $6K range..
Old 04-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #19
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
Wow, There is some great stuff on the Injector's Plus website!

Ron look:http://www.injectorsplus.com/product...skuno=IP-71353

What kind of individual throttle body set ups are available for LS3 engines? I honestly wanted one, but all the ones I could find are in the $6K range..
You're looking at a Hilborn type setup. Those aren't cheap, they are going to be that high.

Now, what I can do is engage my sheet metal guy, his work is on our facebook page, go look at our photo albums, we can do a custom manifold that is a work of art for about $3-4K with a throttle body to match.

Something like this?

Old 04-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #20
Internet Tough Guy

That's pretty sick! I will meet with you when I get back to Cali this July. I continue my top Ramon diet.