Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: What options to go with
Just forge it and keep the supercharger stock 2 25.00%
Stroke it out to 402 and convert it back to N/A 1 12.50%
Forge and Stroke it and add a custom supercharger 5 62.50%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #11
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Forge cranks can be really expensive for a decent one. They are not necessary unless your going really big 800+. I would get forged rods and pistons and re-use the stock crank. Use ARP bolts for the rods and if you have extra money the head bolts too. Later when you have more money upgrade the supercharger. The eaton blowers will not overpower the stock crank so you will have room to grow. I think you may be a little conservative on your hp estimates.

My I have a few friends from digital corvettes in AZ with eaton/TVS

LS1 W/1900 ~485 rwhp
LS2 W/1900 ~550 rwhp
good advice.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #12
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Wow, his prices are not too bad. I'm thinking I will go with a stock CI motor with a stock compression, but forge the rod's and pistons, and port the supercharger, add a cam and redo the valve train so i get a little more out of her and she will be able to take it.
I would definitely drop the compression. I believe an LS2 is about 10.6 to 1 and that's not too blower friendly. You will want more power in the future, trust me. Having the lower compression will allow you to step up to a TVS2300 or add in more boost later once you get bored.

Not sure on the TB, I'll find out what the stocker flows.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #13
Resident Avatar Gambler

FWIW, I think if you did a stock CI low compression blower motor with a ported blower you could easily make 550+ wheel depending on your fuel system.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
FWIW, I think if you did a stock CI low compression blower motor with a ported blower you could easily make 550+ wheel depending on your fuel system.
hummm....That seems a little high for a low compression, an ls2 stock is 10.9:1 so if i split the difference and run 10 so i have room to grow but still not giveing up to much power at the current time
Old 05-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #15
Internet Tough Guy

The best advice I think I can give is to figure out exactly what you want to do with the car. Drag, Road race, TT, killer street machine, show (Gay) car. Be as clear as you can be with CMS and then listen to there advice. It's easy to find guys to tell you to drop the dollars and go big, but if you aren't racing then what's the difference between 550-650-750?

As far as compression goes. I would stick with the stock compression unless you are planning on running an excess of 12 psig. Honestly 12 psig came straight from my ass, but that is where my gut separates big and little boost (for v8s).
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 05-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #16

Quote:
The best advice I think I can give is to figure out exactly what you want to do with the car. Drag, Road race, TT, killer street machine, show (Gay) car. Be as clear as you can be with CMS and then listen to there advice. It's easy to find guys to tell you to drop the dollars and go big, but if you aren't racing then what's the difference between 550-650-750?

As far as compression goes. I would stick with the stock compression unless you are planning on running an excess of 12 psig. Honestly 12 psig came straight from my ass, but that is where my gut separates big and little boost (for v8s).
I was thinking the same thing. My motor can take 8psi all day long and forging it will only make it stronger. I want to have it a street car, that I race about once a month, Auto cross and road racing. I only want the number to keep me happy. 500 rwhp is the number i want so i'll see how close i can get.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #17
Internet Tough Guy

How much power were you making before? I was 460 rwhp with HCI. You can definitely get there.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 05-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
Resident Avatar Gambler

I'm telling you, lower compression - boost is addicting. I'd go somewhere lke 9 to 1 and crank the boost up. That MP112 (especially with porting) will easily handle 15psi. 500+whp should be easy.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #19

Quote:
How much power were you making before? I was 460 rwhp with HCI. You can definitely get there.
I'm not sure, my car took a crap the weekend before i was gonna get it on a dyno. Most people where getting 430-440 ish so im guessing somewhere around there
Old 05-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I'm telling you, lower compression - boost is addicting. I'd go somewhere lke 9 to 1 and crank the boost up. That MP112 (especially with porting) will easily handle 15psi. 500+whp should be easy.
15 Pounds is alot for that blower. I have 6 liter motor so the most you can get even with overdriving it and a 2.7 inch pulley is 12 pounds