Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-29-2010, 07:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Something about piloting a Stingray is just cool. Even if it only has 165hp. I love the long hood sunken around the wheels wells.
Lucky for me it was not stock...had a healthy lope..flowmasters
Old 01-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #12
Internet Tough Guy

I know the owner of that car. His name is Kelley and he runs a lot of the PCA events. I met him at the NASA California speedway event. Nice guy. So what kind of spin around the block did you take his car on?
Old 01-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I know the owner of that car. His name is Kelley and he runs a lot of the PCA events. I met him at the NASA California speedway event. Nice guy. So what kind of spin around the block did you take his car on?
Yes, posting pictures of a customers car at your shop on the web and then talking about how cheap they are is NEVER a good idea.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #14
Internet Tough Guy

I find it funny. Kelley is an ok guy. He pissed me off slightly. I let one of hte lead instructors drive my car that day. He was slow, but real aggresive in traffic. He was passing Kelley and then Kelley cut him off. Afterwards Kelley (who still thought I was driving) thought it was absurd that I would try to pass him. I spent the rest of the weekend putting my foot in his has. His fastest lap was a 1:58.XX to my 1:54.5. It pissed him off. Apparantly he has another GT3 cup cap (i.e. 3.6L caged spec racer). He was a "Racecar Driver".
Old 01-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #15

Quote:
I find it funny. Kelley is an ok guy. He pissed me off slightly. I let one of hte lead instructors drive my car that day. He was slow, but real aggresive in traffic. He was passing Kelley and then Kelley cut him off. Afterwards Kelley (who still thought I was driving) thought it was absurd that I would try to pass him. I spent the rest of the weekend putting my foot in his has. His fastest lap was a 1:58.XX to my 1:54.5. It pissed him off. Apparantly he has another GT3 cup cap (i.e. 3.6L caged spec racer). He was a "Racecar Driver".
I know there is no harm meant but " It's a small world after all". You never know who might know who! Years ago when I was a technician I was out on a roadtest and decided to drive thru and pick up food with a customers car. The customer happened to be eating inside and watched me drive thru with his car. Another time I was out on a roatest in a Medium duty tow truck and stopped and ran in Taco Bell to grab food. When I got back to work the Director of Operations called me in to ask me how Taco Bell was today. The tow truck company dispatcher picked up the truck moving on gps and when it stopped he ran the address and it came back as Taco Bell. He called to find out why his tow truck was at Taco Bell.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Quote:
He said he didn't drive the car because it had slicks. If some tech posted pics of my car over the internet I'd feel proud.

As far as road testing, techs road test. They would be negligent not to. If you don't want someone else driving your car, learn how to work on it yourself.

C6, you really think that shop isn't going to take that $15K power plant of yours for a nice ride around the block up to 140mph before they call you to pick up the car? If I was caught I'd just say, need to make sure the rings seat!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
He said he didn't drive the car because it had slicks. If some tech posted pics of my car over the internet I'd feel proud.

As far as road testing, techs road test. They would be negligent not to. If you don't want someone else driving your car, learn how to work on it yourself.

C6, you really think that shop isn't going to take that $15K power plant of yours for a nice ride around the block up to 140mph before they call you to pick up the car? If I was caught I'd just say, need to make sure the rings seat!

Don't forget the now industry standard "drive-thru" test pioneered by Phil.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #18

We are required to road test all cars that get a 30 point inspection. I would never abuse or put at risk another persons car. I thought it was a cool car and not many people get to drive stuff like this around the block, just trying to share the experience.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #19

Quote:
This is about the GT3 I posted a while ago. The current comments are about the Corvette.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
We are required to road test all cars that get a 30 point inspection. I would never abuse or put at risk another persons car. I thought it was a cool car and not many people get to drive stuff like this around the block, just trying to share the experience.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)