Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #11
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post

Maybe you can get a two for the price of one deal.
Back in the early 80s my cousin and I were going to build Cobra kit cars and sell them. I still want to do this. It's just getting the money for the first couple. After that they would sell themselves.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 08-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
I'm with you on this. When you want to go check shit out----I'm going.

Maybe we can get a special price on two.

There's a Superformance "dealer" right here in Irvine.

http://www.hillbankusa.com/

Though I wonder if you can order your roller factory direct. I would want put the driveline anyway, etc., and don't particularly feel like paying a $10k plus markup.

Anyway, these GT40 rollers are for real, and so is their price. SPF doesn't list pricing but rollers(!) on GT40s.com are in the $70k range. We're talking brand new ZO6 range at least.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #13
Neanderthal

The GTM is an all-new American V-8 powered, mid-engined, original design with a stunningly beautiful hand-crafted composite body shell and a computer designed steel tube frame chassis. It is a fantasy Supercar engineered to be affordable and bring the dream of owning such a car to people whose talents and craftsmanship outrun their bank accounts.
While Factory Five engineering guarantees world-beating performance, the design of the car assures its instant icon status among the World’s finest Supercars. One look proves that while beauty is impossible to define, it is immediately recognizable.

GT40
Capturing the imagination of enthusiastic fans worldwide the GT40 continuation is built to the same specifications as the original was but it also incorporates a few modern upgrades now available to us due to radical technical advances. The Superformance GT40 is asethically correct with almost 90% of the parts being interchangeable with an original. The GT40 boasts an original style chassis, pressed steel roof and beautifully finished body. The GT40 is build to accommodate a big or small block engine with a ZF/RBT transaxle, although, as with all Superformance products the GT40 will be supplied to you without an engine and transaxle.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 08-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
The GTM is an all-new American V-8 powered, mid-engined, original design with a stunningly beautiful hand-crafted composite body shell and a computer designed steel tube frame chassis. It is a fantasy Supercar engineered to be affordable and bring the dream of owning such a car to people whose talents and craftsmanship outrun their bank accounts.
While Factory Five engineering guarantees world-beating performance, the design of the car assures its instant icon status among the World’s finest Supercars. One look proves that while beauty is impossible to define, it is immediately recognizable.

GT40
Capturing the imagination of enthusiastic fans worldwide the GT40 continuation is built to the same specifications as the original was but it also incorporates a few modern upgrades now available to us due to radical technical advances. The Superformance GT40 is asethically correct with almost 90% of the parts being interchangeable with an original. The GT40 boasts an original style chassis, pressed steel roof and beautifully finished body. The GT40 is build to accommodate a big or small block engine with a ZF/RBT transaxle, although, as with all Superformance products the GT40 will be supplied to you without an engine and transaxle.
I quite like the GTM, but I don't do GM and it depends on a C5 donor and an LSx engine. The GTM is not bad looking, especially for a kit car,the SPF GT40 is classy all the way. Unfortunatley, the SPF GT40 is easily about 2x+ the cost of the GTM. If you were clever and did your own work, you could probably put together a GTM for $30k and it would bitch slap most things around.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-22-2009, 04:08 AM   #15
Super Moderator

You can also stroke a 400 1st gen SBC out to a 427 or a 434.

Are you thinking about this for the snake? Realistically the extra cubes will buy you, 40 - 60 hp maybe. If you want to go crazy, invest in more boost and keeping it cool. Way more cost effective. A small stroke increase can be easily done but when you start pulling big cubes out of a small block, the machine work gets expensive and intense, and the block will not be able to handle as much power. Expecially not with boost. Why do you think the LS9 was based off of the LS3 and not the LS7?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You can also stroke a 400 1st gen SBC out to a 427 or a 434.

Are you thinking about this for the snake? Realistically the extra cubes will buy you, 40 - 60 hp maybe. If you want to go crazy, invest in more boost and keeping it cool. Way more cost effective. A small stroke increase can be easily done but when you start pulling big cubes out of a small block, the machine work gets expensive and intense, and the block will not be able to handle as much power. Expecially not with boost. Why do you think the LS9 was based off of the LS3 and not the LS7?
This is just an open question. Instead of buying a new vette or working heavily on mine, I'm thinking of something new and different to do. Unfortunately FOrd doesn't make a "sports car" or I'd be happy to support them directly. However, I love the GT40 and Superferomance makes a very good replica. I also love a proper NA motor. I prefer the styling of the Mark I GT40, but it will only handle a small block package. The Mark II was the Le Mans winner with the FE 427, but that kind of engine won't fit in the Mark I.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #17
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
This is just an open question. Instead of buying a new vette or working heavily on mine, I'm thinking of something new and different to do. Unfortunately FOrd doesn't make a "sports car" or I'd be happy to support them directly. However, I love the GT40 and Superferomance makes a very good replica. I also love a proper NA motor. I prefer the styling of the Mark I GT40, but it will only handle a small block package. The Mark II was the Le Mans winner with the FE 427, but that kind of engine won't fit in the Mark I.
A 427 Windsor, with the right heads, will run with the FE 427 all day long.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 08-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Back in the early 80s my cousin and I were going to build Cobra kit cars and sell them. I still want to do this. It's just getting the money for the first couple. After that they would sell themselves.
I'm all for entrepreneurship (America better get back to some of its roots about being productive and profitable or it's lights out, but I digress . . . again).

HOWEVER, there really is no such thing as sell themselves or easy money, at least not for long. If it were that simple, there'd be little assembly shops all over the country doing it and there aren't. I think you'd have to be supremely effecient with good relationships and a solid reputation, then maybe you could make a go of it, but I think the first couple years would be pretty tough. Oh yeah, that's in a good economy. People are liquidating stuff like this now for below costs in parts. In any event, I'd never even consider this kind of work for a second in CA, maybe NV or TX. NH might be an excellent choice as it is a very business friendly state and is "fairly" close to Factory Five, so you might be able to develop a good working relationship.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
A 427 Windsor, with the right heads, will run with the FE 427 all day long.
Are there any Aluminum SBF that can go to 427?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #20
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Are there any Aluminum SBF that can go to 427?
http://www.worldcastings.com/product...k-ford-blocks/
2016 Nissan Altma