Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture View Post
My wrestling coach in high school was always on us about the importance of being able to recognize the difference between pain and injury.

"You can wrestle through pain, not an injury."

Sounds like you did the right thing taking it easy on the run. It'd be a shame to do some real damage to your knee.
Wrestling is queer.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:02 AM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Default Some Pics

Some Pics

Group pic on Saturday. A great bunch of people, this is just a small section. I hope to see the coach (all the way left) on race day sometime in the future. The coaches are seriuos athletes that donate their time and make sure people like me don't drown and other good stuff. (I'm in the blue cap.)

I am REALLY not a a morning person. My natural bedtime falls in the 3:00am range, so waking up at 4:00 wasn't soo easy, but enough adrenaline and not so bad.

The buses loaded with people and bikes on race morning, about 5:00am.

Neat

I'm somewhere with the green heads. The color coordination of caps helps to keep everything neat and tidy. Waves go out 5 minutes apart.

Considering how bad I was at swimming before starting training, everything worked out pretty good.

Don't have good pics from the bike or run, but you get the idea. It was a great experience, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to combine getting fit with a great charity.

Team In Training

Go Team!

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-27-2008, 01:33 AM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Default Another Cool Thing

Triathlon is a very competive sport that is simultaneously open to amateurs of all levels. So one of the cool things is that you can compete on the same day on the same course as the best in the world. For example, here's my time with splits:

Swim 00:21:25.9
T1 00:04:32.9
Bike 01:02:03.2
T2 00:02:50.9
Run 00:41:43.3
Finish 02:12:36.2

Not bad for a 200+ pounder for a first time out on a bad knee. But, Chris McCormack (who happens to be the same age), current Iron Man world champion was out for a stroll on the same day . . . a bit faster.

Swim 00:10:29.0
T1 00:01:24.6
Bike 00:42:47.3
T2 00:01:12.2
Run 00:22:53.0
Finish 01:18:46.1

This is the amazing part to me. I think I know my body pretty well and what it's performance limits are. If I went absolutely ape-shit with training I think I could get into the 1:30 - 1:40 range. But that would be balls to the wall, lights out. He holds very close to this rather faster pace at the Ironman; roughly 6x longer! (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, marathon). The human body is remarkable.

Bet you he can't hit a curve ball though.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)