Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

If launching consistently, saving drive line, and straight line acceleration is the goal, basically can't beat a good automatic.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
If launching consistently, saving drive line, and straight line acceleration is the goal, basically can't beat a good automatic.
All good things, no? And it will make getting 9 second time slips that much easier.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_G View Post
All good things, no? And it will make getting 9 second time slips that much easier.
All good if you want to give up a little on handling setup and mixing your own gears for twisty driving. No right or wrong, just a matter of what you want. For what you want, it's the way to go.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #14

Quote:
All good if you want to give up a little on handling setup and mixing your own gears for twisty driving. No right or wrong, just a matter of what you want. For what you want, it's the way to go.
I'll keep the autocross suspension in the 'Vette. It will still handle just fine. I will hang on to the manual gear stuff if I want to revert.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_G View Post
I'll keep the autocross suspension in the 'Vette. It will still handle just fine. I will hang on to the manual gear stuff if I want to revert.
What kind of 60' are cutting? The best I've gotten on DRs is 1.9, which ain't all that hot.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #16

Dyno video added. Note the tire smoke at the end of the pull.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:02 AM   #17
Super Moderator

That is an amazing piece of machinery.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
That is an amazing piece of machinery.
Thanks! I like playing the video over and over just to listen to the blower...ha ha

Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #19

That 6 speed auto is pretty sweet. In manual mode, you can make rev matched downshifts like you were heel and toeing a manual. Hopefully you can tune the transmission to shift quicker. I sometimes hit the rev limiter before the tranny can shift out of first into second.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 05-13-2010, 06:06 AM   #20

Quote:
What kind of 60' are cutting? The best I've gotten on DRs is 1.9, which ain't all that hot.
Before the supercharger, I was doing 1.80's with M/T E-T Streets. Don't know yet about the drag radials.