Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
oh and who can forget the GTX1 . . .
You did.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-31-2010, 11:27 PM   #12
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
And that's kind of the difference between Americans and Europeans. Americans tend to focus on accessible, functional, performance. The Europeans tend to be into a bit more Aristocratic engineering, for lack of a better definition.
I think you hit it on the head there Ben. American believe on brutal power/performance at a cost. Europeans are the status type.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 08-01-2010, 01:35 AM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
. . . Europeans are the status type.
Status yes. But let's not kid ourselves. They know how to engineer and build some staggering machines.

I think my hypothesis is that Americans are (mmm, at least were, differenent subject) a bit more individualistic. They like what's actually available to them, including stuff they lay their own hands on. With quasi-exception of the Brits, Europeans in general don't "hot rod" or modify their cars themselves; they worship at the altar of their "national" marques. In places like Maranello, the citizens foam at the mouth for cars they'll only ever see in passing.

A curious tangent here is that the Japanese are more like Americans. Not so much now, but for a several decades the Japanese domestic market had a VERY healthy DIY approach to hi-performance cars and the idea was definitely accessibility to the devoted amateur. We sometimes make fun of the kid with a civic and fart can exhaust, but there were some savage Evo, STi, Skyline, Supra, etc. cars that compare favorably in general price/availability to our built muscle cars.

Another tangent is that the global market for genuine super cars is not so large and the Europeans simply dominate it. Entry to a new maker would be VERY difficult.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #14
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
I think you hit it on the head there Ben. American believe on brutal power/performance at a cost. Europeans are the status type.
100% agreement, i can be stylized when i fight and make it pretty, but i prefer to break a knee, snap an elbow and tear a shoulder out of the joint as quickly and precisely as possible, without anyone seeing or knowing.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:14 AM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
100% agreement, i can be stylized when i fight and make it pretty, but i prefer to break a knee, snap an elbow and tear a shoulder out of the joint as quickly and precisely as possible, without anyone seeing or knowing.
Nothing wrong with an element of aesthetic beauty added to ones' brutality. Maybe it's because of my own blood, but I like the Viking approach.

"Never walk
away from home
ahead of your axe and sword.
You can't feel a battle
in your bones
or foresee a fight." -- The Havamal

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #16
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Nothing wrong with an element of aesthetic beauty added to ones' brutality. Maybe it's because of my own blood, but I like the Viking approach.

"Never walk
away from home
ahead of your axe and sword.
You can't feel a battle
in your bones
or foresee a fight." -- The Havamal
I prefer Miyamoto Musashi
"You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter. Too much is the same as not enough. Without imitating anyone else, you should have as much weaponry as suits you."
Old 08-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I prefer Miyamoto Musashi
"You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter. Too much is the same as not enough. Without imitating anyone else, you should have as much weaponry as suits you."
Yeah, me too. Just had to find a Viking saying to go with the Koenigsegg.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #18
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Yeah, me too. Just had to find a Viking saying to go with the Koenigsegg.
oh well this one would have sufficed
"Jubb jub kaoooorraaa! mickkklyachhh! rooooooaaaaahhhhh! AHHHHHHHH!"
Old 08-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
oh well this one would have sufficed
"Jubb jub kaoooorraaa! mickkklyachhh! rooooooaaaaahhhhh! AHHHHHHHH!"
Now we're talking! I have no idea what we're saying but it sounds intense.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

FTR, money no object, I think I'd go with the Koenigsegg. It's not the most advanced or fastest (though mighty fast indeed), but it does have some X factor that really makes it stand out to me. I especially love the cockpit with the wrap around glass. Reminds me of a Cylon raider.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)