Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: Become a Amsoil dealer?
Yes, I love the stuff! 7 77.78%
No, I use Pennzoil its fine. 1 11.11%
Could care less. 0 0%
Couldn't care less. 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #11
pain's fun, hit me again

I still disagree, ive been running penzoil for years (delo in my diesels) this includes everything, bikes, cars, karts etc. Ive yet to see a major issue with it, when you see what I see with oils you realize its all pretty much the same shit until they add their dies and what not to set it apart
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I still disagree, ive been running penzoil for years (delo in my diesels) this includes everything, bikes, cars, karts etc. Ive yet to see a major issue with it, when you see what I see with oils you realize its all pretty much the same shit until they add their dies and what not to set it apart
Oh Damian, where art thou?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-04-2011, 12:35 AM   #13
pain's fun, hit me again

If you want a better oil than off the shelf penzoil but cheaper than the amsoil and royal purple, run diesel oils, they contain a higher zinc content and are made for the higher engine stress that diesels are subject to, i know a few mustang guys that drive their cars HARD and are running 10w-30 delo chevron oil.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #14
pain's fun, hit me again

Maybe its because I build these meters and go to the refineries and piplines and I see how they treat these oils of theirs, even their "high end" stuff. This includes after testing a meter with our proving can (50 gallons) and watch them pour it into whatever tank, vat, container is easiest and say stuff along the lines of "AHHH it wont hurt it, no one will ever know" etc that I have a hard time believing or even paying the prices that they want for these "performance oils"

Stopping the world!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:38 AM   #15
I, Vettezuki

These last two posts sorta contradict each other. You can't say A tends to be good AND it's all arbitrary at the same time. There is A LOT to oils, from additive packs, to PH balance, and so on. While most people won't see a lot of difference, maybe not even measurable at all, in typical usage, pushing the envelope is a different story. It's like cars themselves really. If you're just putting around, what does it matter really, if you're going to drive a little hard, lots of cars will do about the same, you want to go really fast all the time reliably and comfortably, you're gonna have to think about a bunch of things and pay for it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #16
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
These last two posts sorta contradict each other. You can't say A tends to be good AND it's all arbitrary at the same time. There is A LOT to oils, from additive packs, to PH balance, and so on. While most people won't see a lot of difference, maybe not even measurable at all, in typical usage, pushing the envelope is a different story. It's like cars themselves really. If you're just putting around, what does it matter really, if you're going to drive a little hard, lots of cars will do about the same, you want to go really fast all the time reliably and comfortably, you're gonna have to think about a bunch of things and pay for it.
I dont see how they contradict each other, i'm very aware what goes on with oils, im just saying as long as everything is maintaned well penzoil is just fine, ive never had a breakdown with it or a major failure. And I run my stuff HARD

Stopping the world!