Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #11

The only time I have seen more than one was at Cars and Coffee. There were two.

One in the pic below to the left. The red CTS-V has a 427 with 4.0L whipple and about 1200hp.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 07-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Here you go Chuck. We may have to take a road trip
Old 07-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #13
Resident Avatar Gambler

Shit, or you could buy this or this locally for less. Twin Turbo V12.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Shit, or you could buy this or this locally for less. Twin Turbo V12.
If I weren't disciplined I'd all over that black one.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #15
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
If I weren't disciplined I'd all over that black one.
The silver on looks better to me. The black one has rims and lambo doors
Old 07-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
The silver on looks better to me. The black one has rims and lambo doors
It's a fair point. The Siliver is classier over all, I just like the Merc Black + Red. The silver interior is a bit too sedate. Also, weren't there aftermarket rims on the silver one too, or are those stock?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-21-2011, 03:48 AM   #17

Before I bought my STS-V, I was shopping for E55 and E63 AMG. What turned me off to the MB was the cost of ownership. I talked to several relatives and friends with Mercedes Benz. Since I planned to buy a certified used for the warranty, the oil changes included mandatory inspections so the oil change would cost $500 or $750 depending on all the inspections. Since I bought my STS-V two years ago, I put 44K miles on the car (I don't commute). My maintenance expenses have been 4 oil changes at $90 (9 Quarts Mobil 1 and special LC3 only hi flow oil filter) and 4 sets of rear tires and 2 sets of front tires. The air filter both for the engine and cabin was changed at 50K. Air filter was $0 since Spectre gave me an intake for allowing them to use my car a development mule for the intake. The OEM cabin filter is charcoal impregnated and cost $50 and took me 15 minutes. I replaced the OEM battery with a red top for $150. I also replace the front and rear pads (hawk pads) and rotors for $600 All repairs have been covered by the warranty and I get a loaner each time for the repair. I still have my warranty until Feb 2013 or 100k miles which ever comes first.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 07-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #18
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
Before I bought my STS-V, I was shopping for E55 and E63 AMG. What turned me off to the MB was the cost of ownership. I talked to several relatives and friends with Mercedes Benz. Since I planned to buy a certified used for the warranty, the oil changes included mandatory inspections so the oil change would cost $500 or $750 depending on all the inspections. Since I bought my STS-V two years ago, I put 44K miles on the car (I don't commute). My maintenance expenses have been 4 oil changes at $90 (9 Quarts Mobil 1 and special LC3 only hi flow oil filter) and 4 sets of rear tires and 2 sets of front tires. The air filter both for the engine and cabin was changed at 50K. Air filter was $0 since Spectre gave me an intake for allowing them to use my car a development mule for the intake. The OEM cabin filter is charcoal impregnated and cost $50 and took me 15 minutes. I replaced the OEM battery with a red top for $150. I also replace the front and rear pads (hawk pads) and rotors for $600 All repairs have been covered by the warranty and I get a loaner each time for the repair. I still have my warranty until Feb 2013 or 100k miles which ever comes first.

Bob
The warranty through the CU doesn't work like that, but it also doesn't cover routine maintanance. I also checked and since technically an SL600 isn't an AMG car, it's cheaper for a warranty. Cheaper is relative though, they're still quite expensive. Still, he could get an SL600 with a warranty for less than an XLR-V.

XLR-V's warranties cost less than half as much as the Mercs though...
Old 07-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #19
Resident Avatar Gambler

Chuck, where you at?

I saw a non-v XLR today in red. Awesome car.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Chuck, where you at?

I saw a non-v XLR today in red. Awesome car.
There's a nice older lady at work who has one in black. Perfect for grandma Chuck.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)