Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 PM   #11

due to the price, it's up to you.. if she gets stolen it's out of your pocket.. i like having full coverage.. my bikes are not new, but they still are bring in around 5 to 6K.. the RC is holding it's money too.. i have had 2 bikes stolen and it's not fun.. but receiving a nice check is great..
Old 09-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #12
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post
due to the price, it's up to you.. if she gets stolen it's out of your pocket.. i like having full coverage.. my bikes are not new, but they still are bring in around 5 to 6K.. the RC is holding it's money too.. i have had 2 bikes stolen and it's not fun.. but receiving a nice check is great..
Your Honda Bike with the signatures is awesome just for the record
Old 09-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Ah, I see. Were bikes taken from a complex or residence? Mine would be in a garage at home, at work where it's secured or only on cruises where it would be stopped at places like Nukems, etc. Something to consider though. What I really need to do is get an agreed value for my Vette. It's still at stock 82' replacement value I'm sure. That's dangerous.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #14

both bikes were stolen when we lived in an apartment.. the first one was stolen, when they stole a van in the same complex and took my bike and a fellow bikers the same night.. the other was with a pickup truck (i guess).. both times i had a front lock on the rotor and a lock on the back wheel.. also had them locked with the key.. FINALLY they were blocked in the back of a spot with 2 of my cars.. there was a wall about 3 feet high, so they had to lift them over that.. they were both cover that had a lock on the bottom..

State Farm has a GREAT program..my GN was appraised price and it only cost me about 25 bucks more a month for a agreed price of 30K. if ANYTHING like i crashed it, a tree fell on it, or it was stolen i received 30K.. i had a really close call with it being stolen in Atlanta when i found a guy inside trying to steal it (he didn't get a away, got to love CCW's permits)

the only thing about State Farm with motorcycle cover is you MUST have a car insured by them..
Old 09-23-2008, 05:09 PM   #15

Quote:

State Farm has a GREAT program..my GN was appraised price and it only cost me about 25 bucks more a month for a agreed price of 30K. if ANYTHING like i crashed it, a tree fell on it, or it was stolen i received 30K.. i had a really close call with it being stolen in Atlanta when i found a guy inside trying to steal it (he didn't get a away, got to love CCW's permits)

the only thing about State Farm with motorcycle cover is you MUST have a car insured by them..
I don't have a car insurance policy with them, but have my 2007 R1 policy with them.. I do have a hospital insurance policy with them as well though.. I pay 16 a month and for every day I am admitted into a hospital for any reasons I get 200 bux. I do that because I commute on my bike from Riverside to Tustin everyday and that means the chances of an accident are "greater" then others. Don't want my family being hung out to dry if I'm laid out for awhile.

As for learning how to ride.. I really suggest doing the MSF course. They have multiple different places that do it.. You can call 1-800-CC-RIDER, go to www.msf.org or use the one my wife just did, http://www.riderite.net/

In my opinion anyone who wants to ride should take that class.. It's only 250bux and with the class you get to skip the ridding portion of the DMV test.

If you have your permit do not get caught ridding on the freeway, at night or with passengers. It's the same as driving without a license and it's not pretty.

Anyhow enough of my rambling.. Just keep the shinny side up. With all this motorcycle talk I can't wait to get off of work and ride home.. weee!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
I don't have a car insurance policy with them, but have my 2007 R1 policy with them.. I do have a hospital insurance policy with them as well though.. I pay 16 a month and for every day I am admitted into a hospital for any reasons I get 200 bux. I do that because I commute on my bike from Riverside to Tustin everyday and that means the chances of an accident are "greater" then others. Don't want my family being hung out to dry if I'm laid out for awhile.

As for learning how to ride.. I really suggest doing the MSF course. They have multiple different places that do it.. You can call 1-800-CC-RIDER, go to www.msf.org or use the one my wife just did, http://www.riderite.net/

In my opinion anyone who wants to ride should take that class.. It's only 250bux and with the class you get to skip the ridding portion of the DMV test.

If you have your permit do not get caught ridding on the freeway, at night or with passengers. It's the same as driving without a license and it's not pretty.

Anyhow enough of my rambling.. Just keep the shinny side up. With all this motorcycle talk I can't wait to get off of work and ride home.. weee!
I absolutely will be taking the MSF course. It's all loaded up right now so it'll be a few weeks. After getting some experience after that, I'll take their advanced course. I'm not a cheapskate when it comes to safety and skill.

There seems to be a big blowout sale on at a local bike shop (Del Almo; don't have the flyer) including helmets and what not. So I think I'll get my helmet, jacket, gloves and boots this weekend. I get the bike the following Friday. For me it's purely a toy and to do some Motorgen stuff. I won't be commuting or anything like that. I saw a guy laid out on the freeway during rush hour a couple weeks back, it wasn't pretty.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-23-2008, 05:24 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I absolutely will be taking the MSF course. It's all loaded up right now so it'll be a few weeks. After getting some experience after that, I'll take their advanced course. I'm not a cheapskate when it comes to safety and skill.

There seems to be a big blowout sale on at a local bike shop (Del Almo; don't have the flyer) including helmets and what not. So I think I'll get my helmet, jacket, gloves and boots this weekend. I get the bike the following Friday. For me it's purely a toy and to do some Motorgen stuff. I won't be commuting or anything like that. I saw a guy laid out on the freeway during rush hour a couple weeks back, it wasn't pretty.
Was that the guy who ran himself into the back of a car at the 91/605 interchange....BGN's girlfriend told me about that one this weekend. If that is the same one....crazy.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Is there some reason to go with full instead of min-liabilty with a Bike? I paid $1,800 for it, any damage I'll pay for out of pocket. I won't be commuting on it; it's pure toy territory.
I would say liability only for you my friend. Make sure you carry enough liab though....you wouldn't want someone coming after you house or other toys.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #19

Quote:

That's awesome to hear.. To many times I hear people talk about getting a bike and not caring about safety.. It's sad.

I recomend a Shoei helmet, good think leather jacket. I wear a frank thomas XTI from Cycle Gear. Reason I have that is cause I have pants to go with it and it zips together for a 2 piece suit for track days.. Good price to.. Gauntlet style gloves. Icon Field Armor boots. Only thing lacking is between my waist and shins on everyday ridding.. Which I am picking up some shin/knee gaurds this weekend.

If anyone commutes on the 91 and sees a red R1 with a red/black jacket and blue backpack, that's me.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
That's awesome to hear.. To many times I hear people talk about getting a bike and not caring about safety.. It's sad.

I recomend a Shoei helmet, good think leather jacket. I wear a frank thomas XTI from Cycle Gear. Reason I have that is cause I have pants to go with it and it zips together for a 2 piece suit for track days.. Good price to.. Gauntlet style gloves. Icon Field Armor boots. Only thing lacking is between my waist and shins on everyday ridding.. Which I am picking up some shin/knee gaurds this weekend.

If anyone commutes on the 91 and sees a red R1 with a red/black jacket and blue backpack, that's me.

My understanding of helmets is that so long as they have the DOT approval, they are equally as safe. What you pay extra for is less weight, better ventilation, less wind buffeting, and brand name, etc. There is a Scorpion Helmet I like the paint design on, and it is DOT approved, but I've never heard of Scorpion.

Why Shoei? At that somewhat Gucci level how does it compare to an Arai?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)