Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-07-2011, 01:34 AM   #211
pain's fun, hit me again

I've always done a contract, faxed, to be safe. Fact is, if we get there and its been stolen, hit, whatever, until the title is signed means we can opt out by a simple phone call to the bank.

A single day travel might be difficult, its an 8 hour drive just normal, not even towing, and there is highway patrol EVERYWHERE, i kept my eyes peeled and every overpass just about had a chippy.

So figure 16 hours to do a one day pull, that might be rough, and its about 345 miles iirc.

so figure round trip, fuel cost will be anywhere from $200-$400 alone just food for thought

EDIT 405 miles
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 11-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #212
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I've always done a contract, faxed, to be safe. Fact is, if we get there and its been stolen, hit, whatever, until the title is signed means we can opt out by a simple phone call to the bank.

A single day travel might be difficult, its an 8 hour drive just normal, not even towing, and there is highway patrol EVERYWHERE, i kept my eyes peeled and every overpass just about had a chippy.

So figure 16 hours to do a one day pull, that might be rough, and its about 345 miles iirc.

so figure round trip, fuel cost will be anywhere from $200-$400 alone just food for thought

EDIT 405 miles

If he takes it, I'm more than happy to send you for $150 lodging for the reasons you mentioned, in case that wasn't clear. But my primary concern is execution. Let's see what he says.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-07-2011, 02:02 AM   #213
pain's fun, hit me again

I'm waiting for a response, I may have jumped the gun and PM'ed him the situation about a payment in full before arrival, but i'll talk to him and see what he says. Mostly I wanted him to get to me before the other interested parties.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 11-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #214

I am not thrilled about the idea of getting stuck with an auto trans, but if you guys think that it could easily be sold for more than a MT it sounds great. Also make sure to bring a camera to document all the things that are on the car, and the condition of things. Lemons might have a hard time believing pricing on a few things.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #215
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by luder_5555 View Post
I am not thrilled about the idea of getting stuck with an auto trans, but if you guys think that it could easily be sold for more than a MT it sounds great. Also make sure to bring a camera to document all the things that are on the car, and the condition of things. Lemons might have a hard time believing pricing on a few things.
The one up north is gone.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #216
I, Vettezuki

People of Earth,

Take down your fucking ads after you sell your shit or at least update to SOLD.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #217
I, Vettezuki

Assuming he still has it, I'll be going up to Northridge tomorrow to look at and most likely buy the 88' LX Hatch with no engine for $450. We'll scrap out and sell some stuff off it, and buy a cheapy engine, which Shaolin Crane seems to think he can get. Se we might be able to legitimately have a running 88' 5.0 LX Hatch for net $500.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...661488319.html

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #218

Assuming that we can get an engine for $200-250 with everything attached, that means that we would need to sell at least $200 worth of stuff to meet the requirements before suspension, or cosmetic upgrades. It seems like it is going to be extremely tight to actually get in under $500. For a for without a motor, it seems that we should be able to beat him up on the price a little more.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #219
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Assuming he still has it, I'll be going up to Northridge tomorrow to look at and most likely buy the 88' LX Hatch with no engine for $450. We'll scrap out and sell some stuff off it, and buy a cheapy engine, which Shaolin Crane seems to think he can get. Se we might be able to legitimately have a running 88' 5.0 LX Hatch for net $500.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...661488319.html
That fucktard stopped texting me too, i was gonna lowball him, his ad had the making of deal greatness

Stopping the world!

Old 11-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #220
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by luder_5555 View Post
Assuming that we can get an engine for $200-250 with everything attached, that means that we would need to sell at least $200 worth of stuff to meet the requirements before suspension, or cosmetic upgrades. It seems like it is going to be extremely tight to actually get in under $500. For a for without a motor, it seems that we should be able to beat him up on the price a little more.
Or we tell them it came with an engine, i know its a difficult concept, but racing is based on lies

Stopping the world!