Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #21
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
My take, I like the front end. It is more sleak and looks like it wants to go froward even when it is standing still. The back to me is wrong the slope of the back end out at the bottom blows it for me. That is the first thing I noticed. Overall I like it. The reto style of the late 60s is nicely icorporated into the mustang without it looking like a mnodernized old car. As far as liking the V6 more, Sean I disagree with you. The front end looks like a smiling face and I hate it when cars are smiling. The new Stang looks like is is squinting, like it is staring you down and ready to take you lunch, while the Camaro is just happy to be back on the block. Muscle cars need to look pissed and ready to tear up some asphault!!!!

I must say IMO that the new camaro does not succeed in my mind at the modern reto look. I can not see as much resemblance in the new camaor and the old. I do like the new camaro though and with a 300HP V6, nice. Calm down Glen, I am still a FORD guy and would take the Mustang over the Camaro any day.

I'm always calm. Yes I am. I am calm. See I'm calm.

Hey, look at me. I'm a FORD guy that drives a Chevy.

Talk about brain damage.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 11-20-2008, 12:01 AM   #22
I, Vettezuki

Check out the main page for the 2010 Mustang if you haven't already.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-21-2008, 02:16 AM   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Not me!!!! I could list all the things wrong with the 67 to 69 Camaro, but I only have eight hours to post. The best vehicle-design and quality- would be the Mustang. Before you try and give me grief for this--I make my living selling mostly first gen Camaro parts.
Well I've never been in a 1st gen Camaro, but I can tell you that it wouldn't be difficult to beat a 1st gen Mustang.

The slowest, worst handling, worst braking car I've ever been in was a 1st gen Mustang. Restored with OEM style components. A camry would humble that car. Don't get me wrong, I love 1st gen Mustangs, love. If I were Leno I'd have a few in my garage for sure, all tubbed out of course. But in stock form, yuk, they're pretty, and that's about all I can say to compliment them.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:20 AM   #24
Super Moderator

As for the new Mustang (05), it was GORGEOUS on the show room floor. I was so excited for it to come out, but by the time it hit the street, it lost about 20 cool points in my eyes. Not sure how they f*cked it up, but they did. Must have been the angle of the window, stance, size/ style of the side view mirrors, wheel size??? Who knows. Probably a bunch of stuff to appease DOT.

I like the front end of this new one a lot better. I wish they would have kept the back flat and just set it at more of an angle maybe.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:35 AM   #25
Super Moderator

Here we go:

Sweet concept

Meh

Even this later model was still cooler than what they came out with. The side skirts were a bit sharper, the windshield was a bit more angled, the hood was a little longer, giving the head lights more of a mean slanted look, the side view mirrors got ever more lame. The car sat higher, wheels got smaller...

Old 11-21-2008, 10:34 AM   #26
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Well I've never been in a 1st gen Camaro, but I can tell you that it wouldn't be difficult to beat a 1st gen Mustang.

The slowest, worst handling, worst braking car I've ever been in was a 1st gen Mustang. Restored with OEM style components. A camry would humble that car. Don't get me wrong, I love 1st gen Mustangs, love. If I were Leno I'd have a few in my garage for sure, all tubbed out of course. But in stock form, yuk, they're pretty, and that's about all I can say to compliment them.
Alright, here goes. In 1969 I drove a brand NEW Z28. In late 69 I drove a brand NEW 1970 BOSS 302. I owned a 70 Z28.

The Boss 302 was a MUCH better built vehicle, very nice refined driver and fairly fast. The 69 Z28 was a clunky badly built vehicle but very fast.

The 1970 Z28 was a better driver than both and much faster.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 11-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Alright, here goes. In 1969 I drove a brand NEW Z28. In late 69 I drove a brand NEW 1970 BOSS 302. I owned a 70 Z28.

The Boss 302 was a MUCH better built vehicle, very nice refined driver and fairly fast. The 69 Z28 was a clunky badly built vehicle but very fast.

The 1970 Z28 was a better driver than both and much faster.
But now you're talking about a 2nd gen.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #28
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
But now you're talking about a 2nd gen.
That was my point. The Second Gen Camaro/Firebird is a VERY good vehicle with a HELL OF A LOT going for it. For a GM vehicle, it is one the best cars out there and takes to mods with no complaints.

If I did not have the Vette I would OWN a 70 to 72 Camaro/Firebird.

BTY: I have owned a 70 Z28, 72 FB Formula, 77 SE Trans Am and 79 Z28.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 11-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Not me!!!! I could list all the things wrong with the 67 to 69 Camaro, but I only have eight hours to post. The best vehicle-design and quality- would be the Mustang. Before you try and give me grief for this--I make my living selling mostly first gen Camaro parts.
I assumed that by dogging the 1st gen Camaro and comparing it to a Mustang, that you were comparing it to a Mustang of the same year/ gen.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #30
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I like the new one quite a bit better than the old.